Hello! Yeah, it’s been a while since I’ve posted here…the last few weeks of classes have been extremely busy for me (essays, course union, grad school stuff, etc.) so I haven’t updated my website, nor have I posted here. I only have one exam coming up in the next week or so (the only one this entire school year, if you can imagine) so I should be able to post more often. Goodness knows I need to make another massive review again of a ton of books I’ve read recently…Anyways, meme time!
Yesterday, April 15th, was Tax Day here in the U.S., which means lots of lucky people will get refunds of over-paid taxes.
Whether you’re one of them or not, what would you spend an unexpected windfall on? Say … $50? How about $500? (And, this is a reading meme, so by rights the answer should be book-related, but hey, feel free to go wild and splurge on anything you like.)
– Booking Through Thursday
Our system works a bit different here in Canada but let’s say I get a refund of $500 from the federal government, it would definitely go towards books (if I’m not meticulously dividing how much I can spend and how much I’d save—but otherwise the quote that Erasmus said very much defines my shopping). There’s a number of books in my to-read list @ GoodReads (the ones that don’t have the tag of “books-i-own) that I’d pick up =) The rest of the money would go to stuff I need (i.e. a new pair of jeans) and maybe go out or something to a nice restaurant with my family =)
And from last week…
For something different, I’m borrowing a question from … here! One of the very first questions ever at Booking Through Thursday. Back from 2005 when Laura owned the blog but, because it was so new, it didn’t get as many responses as it does now … so, why not revisit?
Here’s the question:
Some people read one book at a time. Some people have a number of them on the go at any given time, perhaps a reading in bed book, a breakfast table book, a bathroom book, and so on, which leads me to…
1. Are you currently reading more than one book?
2. If so, how many books are you currently reading?
3. Is this normal for you?
4. Where do you keep your current reads?
1. Yes, I’m reading more than one book (discounting my textbook for 18c British History and manga volumes)
2. Two books: Folett’s The Pillars of the Earth and re-reading Austen’s Sense and Sensibility
3. It’s been normal for me since high school. In fact, in high school I used to read maybe 3 – 4 books at the same time, plus my required readings for school. Nowadays the max is 2 because of my readings for my courses…don’t know why I do this though, lol.
4. Folett’s sitting in the shoulder bag that I take whenever I go out (I could never leave the house without a book in my bag) and Austen’s wherever I am in the house (so right now it’s in front of me. If I go to the kitchen or to the dining room, it’s with me—I just carry it almost wherever just in case I get bored waiting)