I know I say this at the end of the every month but where indeed has the time gone? We are well more than halfway through the year, I’m a month away from heading back to school and it’s been well than a month since I’ve been on holiday and I’ve yet to put together posts about my trip. Anyway. Here’s what has been going on at the blog for the past month:
- Books reviewed this month include: George Saunders’ Lincoln in the Bardo (review), Blake Crouch’s Dark Matter (review), and Julia Quinn’s To Sir Philip, With Love (review). You can check out all the books I’ve reviewed recently in the book review tag.
- Posted two movie reviews this month: Black Panther (review) and Spider-Man: Homecoming (review). You can check out all of the past movies I’ve watched and reviewed in this tag.
- Also briefly reviewed some comics which you can find in this post. You can read all of the comics I’ve reviewed over at this tag.
- Notice anything different about the top menu and the side bar? I’ve finally properly added a My Books page about all of my published poetry books to date and where you can get them 🙂 Hurray! And now back to working on my latest book…
And that’s about it from eclectic tales for the month of July! Wishing everyone a lovely week 🙂
So I was on hiatus towards the end of May as I went on holiday to Portugal for two weeks so I never got around to doing a monthly update. As I sort of mentioned previously I am slowly getting back into the swing of blogging, albeit very slowly as I haven’t been reading as much these days. I still have a bajillion comments to get back to for starters, but I am slowly getting there, so don’t be surprised that I’m commenting to messages you left me months ago :3 Oops. Anyway, here’s what has been going on at my blog over the last two months:
- Books reviewed recently: Agatha Christie’s Murder on the Orient Express (review), Michael J. Sullivan’s The Crown Tower (review), and Joseph E. Stiglitz’s The Euro (review). You can check out all the books I’ve reviewed recently in the book review tag.
- Reviewed two movies in the last two months: Thor: Ragnarok (review) and Avengers: Infinity War (review). You can check out all of the past movies I’ve watched and reviewed in this tag.
- Comics reviewed recently include Monstress (vol. 2) (review), The Infinity Gauntlet (review), and Infinity (review). You can read all of the comics I’ve reviewed over at this tag.
- So I came back from holiday in early June. Fingers crossed I can post pictures here sometime in August (haven’t really started going through the photos I took save for whatever was on my phone) 🙂
And that’s about it about the blog recently! Wishing everyone a wonderful week and to my fellow Canadians a wonderful Canada Day weekend! 🙂
Well, I’m back. lol.
For almost two weeks I was off on holiday to Portugal with my dad. It’s a beautiful country–I was pleasantly surprised at how rich its forests were! So much green, it was amazing–with lots of history, stories, and food to eat 😛 As the below photos show, we were in Porto and Lisbon, but we also spent the weekend at Fatima, as well as took day trips to Braga, Sintra, and Cabo da Roca. Some of those photos you can see over at Instagram; I’ll get around to posting more about my trip sometime later this time.
Alas that my holiday is over now; back to the grind, now. In the meantime–
Hey everyone! Not that I’m posting on a daily basis here anymore but I figured I give the heads up anyway that the blog will be going on hiatus from 28 May to 10 June 2018 as I will be going on holiday 🙂 So until the 10th there will be no scheduled posts going live but ICYMI archive links will continue to run over at Twitter (sort of; I know there were some updates to the plugin recently and I decided to slow the rate of that down in the meantime). You can also catch me over at Instagram as I will most certainly be posting holiday pictures over there 🙂
Thanks and wishing you all a wonderful start to June! 🙂
lol and just as I come back to blogging here again, it’s the end of the month! Which I guess works out as I ease my way back to blogging casually to whatever extent that I can. I came to the realisation that I never got around to posting a monthly wrap up for March–things got way too hectic around then–so this update rounds up the last eight weeks or so on the blog (more or less):
- Books reviewed recently: Brandon Sanderson’s Edgedancer (review), Mary Balogh’s Someone to Love (review), and Margot Livesey’s The Flight of Gemma Hardy (review). You can check out all the books I’ve reviewed recently in the book review tag.
- Only watched one movie recently that I reviewed (watched another movie earlier in the month but I didn’t post a review here): Thor: Ragnarok (review). You can check out all of the past movies I’ve watched and reviewed in this tag.
- I squeezed a So You Want to Read… list last week. This month was National Poetry Month so I featured some poetry collections worth checking out; you can read that list over here. You can check out all of the previous lists over at this tag.
- Hopefully in the coming months I can slowly update this blog to reflect the changes here (no longer .com, that sort of thing) as well as changes that are going on in my life (namely my poetry books–available online now, by the way). So fingers crossed that I’ll have more time to properly unpack myself here and settle back to some sort of routine (although I will be busy again for the next little bit).
And that’s more of less it from me for now! Wishing everyone a lovely week and a wonderful start to May! 🙂