And here we are, at the end of another year. It has, suffice to say, been a very busy year for me and I reckon that busy-ness will continue into 2018. As a result there are going to be some major changes happening here on the blog to reflect the changes happening in my life. But firstly, this is what happened over here at the blog for the month of December (despite of the hiatus):
- Because of the hiatus, the only books reviewed this month are Faraway’s Sad Birds Still Sing (review) and Charles Baudelaire’s The Flowers of Evil (review). You can check out all the books I’ve reviewed recently in the book review tag.
- For this month’s So You Want to Read…, I focused on the classic Russian author Ivan Turgenev. You can check out that post over here. For all my previous recommendations under this feature, check out this tag.
- It’s that time of year in which we do the annual end of the year book survey, hosted by Jamie @ Perpetual Page-Turner. It’s been a rather odd year in reading for me but nonetheless you can read my answers to the survey over here.
- I did a little unboxing post last week of two items that came some time ago: the Hippo Noto that I backed on Kickstarter and an A5 notebook cover from Shopot. You can read that unboxing over here.
- On a final note, my latest poetry collection, Of Frost and Fury, is available now! You can read my journey on how it came about over here.
- And now for the big news: I decided not to renew my url. I had been weighing this for the last month or so and decided, I’m not as engaged in the book/blogging community as I used to, my influx of visitors isn’t much anyway, and related on the second change happening here on the blog, my activity here has dropped. So I figured to let the deadline slide. So in January this blog will revert back to its hosted url, which is http://http://eclectictales.insanitysandwich.com/blog. Which means some changes will be made to the header of the layout and whatnot but the blog is sticking around (for now)! The second major change is just that I won’t be posting every day like I’ve done in previous years as there’s just not that much material to post right now. I’m just too busy with work and school and my poetry publications and my other hobbies and interests to keep up with blogging as I did before…
- And on that note: the blog will once again be going on hiatus as I’m going to be busy with the end of semester/exams/craziness all around x_x
And that’s more of less it for this December! Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas/holiday season, and wishing you all a Happy New Year! 🙂
Hi everyone! As I mentioned yesterday in my monthly updates, eclectictales.com is going on a mini-hiatus starting today until December 18th (last minute decision to add the Monday in there) due to school matters. I’m still in school this week but given the end of the year is upon us, there’s still a few posts I hope to squeeze in until then. Until the 18th there will be no scheduled posts going live but ICYMI archive links will continue to run over at Twitter. You can also catch me over at Instagram 🙂
Until then, have a wonderful start to December! 🙂
Okay, so life’s been keeping me busy, hence why I’m not blog-hopping as often lately or tweeting much outside of my ICYMI archival tweets 🙁 But in the meantime, here’s what has been going on at my blog for the month of November:
- Books reviewed this month include: Mur Lafferty’s Six Wakes (review), Dan Simmons’ Hyperion (review), and J.R.R. Tolkien’s Beren and Luthien (review). You can check out all the books I’ve reviewed recently in the book review tag.
- For this month’s So You Want to Read…, I featured German poet and writer Rainer Maria Rilke. You can check out that post over here. For all my previous recommendations under this feature, check out this tag.
- I participated in Sci-Fi Month hosted by Rinn Reads! You can check out all of my posts related to that event over at this tag. I had a lot of fun this year 🙂
- I decided to update my list of books that left me misty-eyed. What books left you on the verge of tears?
- As promised some time ago, I hosted a giveaway earlier this month on my blog, giving away two signed copies of my debut poetry collection, Shall I Be a Poet Instead? Thank you to everyone who entered! I will be holding another giveaway, but I reckon it’ll be after the Christmas holidays as next month is going to be a bit insane. Meanwhile, if you’re interested in picking up a copy, you can do so at the following websites: Lulu, Amazon, B&N, and the Book Depository
- So because of all the craziness that’s been going on at my end, the blog will be going on hiatus for a few weeks next month as I scramble to deal with everything. More news about it tomorrow.
And that’s more of less it for this month! Wishing everyone a lovely December 🙂
Time is flying way to fast, I say, lol. October’s always been my favourite month, and not just because it was my birthday 😛 I love that autumn is in full swing, which thank goodness it is because at the end of September/start of October it was still summer over here >_< But anywho, here's what has been going on at my blog for the month of October:
- Books reviewed this month include: Robert Rotenberg’s Stray Bullets (review), George R.R. Martin’s The Ice Dragon (review), and Simon van Booy’s Father’s Day (review). You can check out all the books I’ve reviewed recently in the book review tag.
- I also reviewed three comics this month: Jessica Jones: Uncaged! (Vol. 1) (review), Daredevil (Vol. 1) (review), and Heart and Brain: Body Language (review). You can read all of my comic book reviews in this tag.
- For this month’s So You Want to Read…, I focused on English speculative fiction author Robert Shearman. You can check out that post over here. For all my previous recommendations under this feature, check out this tag.
- Earlier this month was also my birthday and so as I’ve done every year for the past few years I hosted a wee book giveaway 🙂
And that’s more of less it for this month! Be on a lookout as next month I will be participating in the annual Sci-Fi Month hosted by Rinn Reads 🙂 Happy November everyone–and a Happy Hallowe’en if you’re celebrating/going out tonight! 🙂
I know I say it every month, but seriously, where has September gone? Granted, it’s been a rather busy month and deadlines are just flinging themselves at me so there’s not much of a breather there…Anywho, here’s what has been going on at my blog for this month:
- Books reviewed this month include: Elena Ferrante’s The Lost Daughter (review), Mhairi McFarlane’s Here’s Looking at You (review), and Kevin Kwan’s China Rich Girlfriend (review). You can check out all the books I’ve reviewed recently in the book review tag.
- For this month’s So You Want to Read…, I focused on English author Ian McEwan. You can check out that post over here. For all my previous recommendations under this feature, check out this tag.
- Earlier this month I also posted my summer reading wrap-up. See what my favourite reads this summer were! 🙂
- For this month I posted one movie review: Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2 (review). You can check out all of the past movies I’ve watched and reviewed in this tag.
- I also had another unboxing post of sorts, my first Foxy Fix No. 2 🙂 You can read all of the previous unboxings and happy mail of all sorts at this tag.
- Earlier this week I also did a non-book feature, talking about planners and asking how you organise yourself. You can check out that post over here.
- Also, just a heads up but I’m hosting a giveaway for my poetry book, Shall I Be a Poet Instead?, over at Goodreads 😉 You can find out more about this debut projet over at this blog post 🙂
And that’s about it for the month of September! Until next time…Wishing everyone a lovely October 🙂