Guess who’s back (more or less)? Scheduled posts have returned here on the blog, although I’m still a bit behind in catching up with book reviews. How long will this last, it’s hard to say.
- Books reviewed recently: J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Fall of Gondolin (review), Agatha Christie’s The Crooked House (review), and Kevin Kwan’s Rich People Problems (review). You can check out all the books I’ve reviewed recently in the book review tag.
- One movie was reviewed this month: Ant-Man and the Wasp (review). You can check out all of the past movies I’ve watched and reviewed in this tag.
- Comics reviewed recently include Captain Marvel: In Pursuit of Flight (vol. 1) (review) and Justice League: A League of One (review). You can read all of the comics I’ve reviewed over at this tag.
- I posted my answers to the 9th Annual End of the Year Book Survey. A little sparse considering how much less I read last year, but there you go.
And that’s about it about the blog for the month of January! How is your 2019 going so far?
November, where have you gone? This month had been ridiculously busy; seemed like the constant case of just trying to catch up–and barely making it. And it kind of showed here too, lol:
- Books reviewed recently: Deborah Harkness’ The World of All Souls (review), Sarah Beth Durst’s The Queen of Blood (review), and The Reluctant Queen (review). You can check out all the books I’ve reviewed recently in the book review tag.
- Reviewed one comic this month: Monstress (vol. 3) (review). You can read all of the comics I’ve reviewed over at this tag.
And that’s it! lol, it really was a busy month for me. I’m on exam mode now but fingers crossed I can post a few reviews before we ring in the New Year (omg, end of the year already).
Yeah, I didn’t get around to posting this at the end of last month as things had just been busy since I returned from Reading Week. It was just rush-rush-rush from one midterm to another to another paper and whatnot. And of course silly ol’ me decided to pick up how many shifts beyond my master schedule last month as well *rolls eyes here* So here we are, at the start of November, with my eye twitching after having just submitted my last paper for a little while and spending this wee little downtime I have catching up.
- Posted only three book reviews last month, lol: Carolyn Ives Gilman’s Dark Orbit (review), Neil MacGregor’s Germany: Memories of a Nation (review), and Catherine Merridale’s Red Fortress: History and Illusion in the Kremlin (review). You can check out all the books I’ve reviewed recently in the book review tag.
- I posted one movie review last month, Little Italy (review). You can check out all of the past movies I’ve watched and reviewed in this tag.
- I hosted a book giveaway of my latest poetry collection, With Quiet Ardency, last month but it sort of fell under the radar (oops) (see post). Thanks to everyone who entered! Will probably host another giveaway towards the end of the year but in the meantime With Quiet Ardency is now available on all online book retail websites (Amazon, Barnes & Noble, the Book Depository, etc) 🙂
I’m very sad that I’m not participating in this week’s #RRSciFiMonth but alas, my schedule just makes it not feasible at all. I hope everyone who is participating is having a wonderful time! Wishing you all a lovely November 🙂
So if I thought last month was nutty with work and all kinds of social events happening, this month was equally nutty in that school started for me. So while some scheduled posts continued to roll in on the blog, I find I am still behind at blog-hopping and getting back to comments left here. So massive apologies, I will get around to your comments…eventually *facepalm* So without further ado, here’s what’s been going on around the blog for the month of September:
- Books reviewed recently: Svetlana Alexievich’s The Unwomanly Face of War (review), Julie Lekstrom Himes’ Mikhail and Margarita (review), and Stephen King’s On Writing (review). You can check out all the books I’ve reviewed recently in the book review tag.
- I posted up my summer reading wrap-up list at the start of the month.
- My third poetry collection, With Quiet Ardency, is available now! After almost spending a whole year working on finishing it and littered with all kinds of delays, it’s finally out, lol. You can read more about the process–and where you can purchase a copy–over in this blog post. I recently hosted a book giveaway for a copy of this book on Instagram but keep your eyes peeled here as I will hold a giveaway here next month 😉
- I know I said I’m going back to some version of casual blogging like I did years and years ago when I first started, but just a heads up nonetheless that don’t be surprised if there’s no new posts over here for a while. School is starting to pour in with the midterms and papers (coupled with me rolling my eyes along with it), my work schedule is a bit everywhere, and yeah, I’m not reading as often or as fast as I used to, lol (or rather, enough to add content here on the blog like I used to). Having said that, and I guess it’s no surprise, I won’t be participating in Sci-Fi Month in November this year as my November will be very busy. Hopefully I can get back to fixing the site a bit in December after my exams–and post my photos from Portugal! (ahhh, delays)–but we’ll see.
And that’s about it about the blog and my thoughts on what’s coming up! lol. Autumn is in full swing (I hope) so yeah, wishing you all a wonderful weekend and a lovely start to October 🙂
So, how was everyone’s August? Mine was hella busy (more about it next month when I post my Bookish & Not-So-Bookish Thoughts). Fun fact: I was planning on posting recaps of my time in Portugal but I’ve just been so busy, I haven’t actually sat down with enough patience to sift through the photos. Oops. Fingers crossed I do get around to posting about it next month 🙂 In the meantime here’s what has been going on here at the blog for the month of August:
- Books reviewed recently: Noah Hawley’s Before the Fall (review), Neil Gaiman’s Anansi Boys (review), and Curtis Sittenfield’s Eligible (review). You can check out all the books I’ve reviewed recently in the book review tag.
- Read and reviewed one advanced reading copy (wow, first one in ages!): Amy Stuart’s Still Water (review. You can read all of the ARCs I read in the past over at this tag.
- Reviewed two movies in the last two months: The Death of Stalin (review) and Crazy Rich Asians (review). You can check out all of the past movies I’ve watched and reviewed in this tag.
And that’s about it, lol! Well, it’s back to the grind (working the long weekend, and then back to school starting Tuesday). Wishing everyone a lovely start of September! 🙂