Yeah, I didn’t get around to posting this at the end of last month as things had just been busy since I returned from Reading Week. It was just rush-rush-rush from one midterm to another to another paper and whatnot. And of course silly ol’ me decided to pick up how many shifts beyond my master schedule last month as well *rolls eyes here* So here we are, at the start of November, with my eye twitching after having just submitted my last paper for a little while and spending this wee little downtime I have catching up.
- Posted only three book reviews last month, lol: Carolyn Ives Gilman’s Dark Orbit (review), Neil MacGregor’s Germany: Memories of a Nation (review), and Catherine Merridale’s Red Fortress: History and Illusion in the Kremlin (review). You can check out all the books I’ve reviewed recently in the book review tag.
- I posted one movie review last month, Little Italy (review). You can check out all of the past movies I’ve watched and reviewed in this tag.
- I hosted a book giveaway of my latest poetry collection, With Quiet Ardency, last month but it sort of fell under the radar (oops) (see post). Thanks to everyone who entered! Will probably host another giveaway towards the end of the year but in the meantime With Quiet Ardency is now available on all online book retail websites (Amazon, Barnes & Noble, the Book Depository, etc) 🙂
I’m very sad that I’m not participating in this week’s #RRSciFiMonth but alas, my schedule just makes it not feasible at all. I hope everyone who is participating is having a wonderful time! Wishing you all a lovely November 🙂
So if I thought last month was nutty with work and all kinds of social events happening, this month was equally nutty in that school started for me. So while some scheduled posts continued to roll in on the blog, I find I am still behind at blog-hopping and getting back to comments left here. So massive apologies, I will get around to your comments…eventually *facepalm* So without further ado, here’s what’s been going on around the blog for the month of September:
- Books reviewed recently: Svetlana Alexievich’s The Unwomanly Face of War (review), Julie Lekstrom Himes’ Mikhail and Margarita (review), and Stephen King’s On Writing (review). You can check out all the books I’ve reviewed recently in the book review tag.
- I posted up my summer reading wrap-up list at the start of the month.
- My third poetry collection, With Quiet Ardency, is available now! After almost spending a whole year working on finishing it and littered with all kinds of delays, it’s finally out, lol. You can read more about the process–and where you can purchase a copy–over in this blog post. I recently hosted a book giveaway for a copy of this book on Instagram but keep your eyes peeled here as I will hold a giveaway here next month 😉
- I know I said I’m going back to some version of casual blogging like I did years and years ago when I first started, but just a heads up nonetheless that don’t be surprised if there’s no new posts over here for a while. School is starting to pour in with the midterms and papers (coupled with me rolling my eyes along with it), my work schedule is a bit everywhere, and yeah, I’m not reading as often or as fast as I used to, lol (or rather, enough to add content here on the blog like I used to). Having said that, and I guess it’s no surprise, I won’t be participating in Sci-Fi Month in November this year as my November will be very busy. Hopefully I can get back to fixing the site a bit in December after my exams–and post my photos from Portugal! (ahhh, delays)–but we’ll see.
And that’s about it about the blog and my thoughts on what’s coming up! lol. Autumn is in full swing (I hope) so yeah, wishing you all a wonderful weekend and a lovely start to October 🙂
So, how was everyone’s August? Mine was hella busy (more about it next month when I post my Bookish & Not-So-Bookish Thoughts). Fun fact: I was planning on posting recaps of my time in Portugal but I’ve just been so busy, I haven’t actually sat down with enough patience to sift through the photos. Oops. Fingers crossed I do get around to posting about it next month 🙂 In the meantime here’s what has been going on here at the blog for the month of August:
- Books reviewed recently: Noah Hawley’s Before the Fall (review), Neil Gaiman’s Anansi Boys (review), and Curtis Sittenfield’s Eligible (review). You can check out all the books I’ve reviewed recently in the book review tag.
- Read and reviewed one advanced reading copy (wow, first one in ages!): Amy Stuart’s Still Water (review. You can read all of the ARCs I read in the past over at this tag.
- Reviewed two movies in the last two months: The Death of Stalin (review) and Crazy Rich Asians (review). You can check out all of the past movies I’ve watched and reviewed in this tag.
And that’s about it, lol! Well, it’s back to the grind (working the long weekend, and then back to school starting Tuesday). Wishing everyone a lovely start of September! 🙂
I know I say this at the end of the every month but where indeed has the time gone? We are well more than halfway through the year, I’m a month away from heading back to school and it’s been well than a month since I’ve been on holiday and I’ve yet to put together posts about my trip. Anyway. Here’s what has been going on at the blog for the past month:
- Books reviewed this month include: George Saunders’ Lincoln in the Bardo (review), Blake Crouch’s Dark Matter (review), and Julia Quinn’s To Sir Philip, With Love (review). You can check out all the books I’ve reviewed recently in the book review tag.
- Posted two movie reviews this month: Black Panther (review) and Spider-Man: Homecoming (review). You can check out all of the past movies I’ve watched and reviewed in this tag.
- Also briefly reviewed some comics which you can find in this post. You can read all of the comics I’ve reviewed over at this tag.
- Notice anything different about the top menu and the side bar? I’ve finally properly added a My Books page about all of my published poetry books to date and where you can get them 🙂 Hurray! And now back to working on my latest book…
And that’s about it from eclectic tales for the month of July! Wishing everyone a lovely week 🙂
So I was on hiatus towards the end of May as I went on holiday to Portugal for two weeks so I never got around to doing a monthly update. As I sort of mentioned previously I am slowly getting back into the swing of blogging, albeit very slowly as I haven’t been reading as much these days. I still have a bajillion comments to get back to for starters, but I am slowly getting there, so don’t be surprised that I’m commenting to messages you left me months ago :3 Oops. Anyway, here’s what has been going on at my blog over the last two months:
- Books reviewed recently: Agatha Christie’s Murder on the Orient Express (review), Michael J. Sullivan’s The Crown Tower (review), and Joseph E. Stiglitz’s The Euro (review). You can check out all the books I’ve reviewed recently in the book review tag.
- Reviewed two movies in the last two months: Thor: Ragnarok (review) and Avengers: Infinity War (review). You can check out all of the past movies I’ve watched and reviewed in this tag.
- Comics reviewed recently include Monstress (vol. 2) (review), The Infinity Gauntlet (review), and Infinity (review). You can read all of the comics I’ve reviewed over at this tag.
- So I came back from holiday in early June. Fingers crossed I can post pictures here sometime in August (haven’t really started going through the photos I took save for whatever was on my phone) 🙂
And that’s about it about the blog recently! Wishing everyone a wonderful week and to my fellow Canadians a wonderful Canada Day weekend! 🙂