Where did the month go? Half the year has gone by it’s pretty surreal. Summer is more or less in full swing here so we’ll see where the next few months take me. In the meantime, here’s what has been going on here at the blog for the past month:+++
- Books reviewed recently: Mhairi McFarlane’s Don’t You Forget About Me (review), Gerdur Kristny’s Bloodhoof (review), and N.K. Jemisin’s The Obelisk Gate (review). You can check out all the books I’ve reviewed recently in the book review tag.
- My poetry instagram account hit 200 posts and I hosted a giveaway over there 🙂 As I’m in the final stages of proofing my forthcoming poetry collection, please stay tuned as I will be hosting more giveaways 🙂
And that’s about it about the blog for the month of June! Wishing you a lovely weekend and for my Canadian & American readers, a happy long weekend!
So. I’m back. Sort of. lol. Spent the first part of the month on a well-needed vacation (which was wonderful. It was hard coming back lol). Remainder of the month was spent sick and trying to catch up. But anyway, here’s what has been happening on the blog for that part of the month:
- Books reviewed recently: Myke Cole’s The Armoured Saint (review), Agatha Christie’s Death on the Nile (review), and Winston Graham’s Jeremy Poldark (review). You can check out all the books I’ve reviewed recently in the book review tag.
- One movie was reviewed this month: Avengers: Endgame (review). You can check out all of the past movies I’ve watched and reviewed in this tag.
- One comic was reviewed this month: Thor: The World Eaters (review). You can read all of the comics I’ve reviewed over at this tag.
And that’s about it from the blog for the month of May! Fingers crossed I get a bit done on the blog over the next few months such as updating certain elements (goodness knows that header was meant to be updated aaaaaages ago to reflect the current title of the blog) but we’ll see. There’s a lot of shuffling to happen the next few months. But anyway, have a lovely start to June!
Hi everyone! I’ve been blogging sort of casually for the last few months so I don’t know if there’s any point in placing placeholder posts here on my blog to inform this but the blog will be going on hiatus for a month actually (15 April – 13 May 2019): for the next two weeks I’ll be on exam mode (*le sigh*), and after that I’ll be heading out for vacation (omg finally *cries*)! From the 30th onward you can catch me over at Instagram where I’ll be posting some of my holiday photos 😉
Wishing everyone a lovely April, Easter weekend, and start of May! 🙂
Not gonna lie, I’m pretty glad this month is over and done with even though I have two major project deadlines looming on the horizon for school. But anyway, here’s what has been going on at the blog for the month of March:
- Books reviewed recently: Jill Santopolo’s The Light We Lost (review), N.K. Jemisin’s The Fifth Season (review), and Anna Burns’ Milkman (review). You can check out all the books I’ve reviewed recently in the book review tag.
- Comics reviewed recently include Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (review) and Thor: The Galactus Seed (review). You can read all of the comics I’ve reviewed over at this tag.
- The theme for this year’s Tolkien Reading Day is “Tolkien and the Mysterious.” You can read my thoughts about it over at this post.
And that’s about it about the blog for the month of March! Wishing you a lovely April 🙂
Yeah, February is the shortest month but I still can’t believe we’re two months gone into 2019. The month was very busy (just take a look at my monthly post of Bookish & Not-So-Bookish Thoughts) but the scheduled posts continue to roll in here on the blog. Here’s what has been going on here at the blog for the month:
- Books reviewed recently: Deborah Harkness’ Time’s Convert (review), Julia Quinn’s The Girl with the Make-Believe Husband (review), and Thea Lim’s An Ocean of Minutes (review). You can check out all the books I’ve reviewed recently in the book review tag.
- I was supposed to type out a reflective blog post about my blog hitting its 12th blogoversary but I was bogged down with studying for my midterms that I just never got around to typing it. Alas that life has become so busy that I have no time to even properly celebrate my blogoversary anymore! But yes, my blog–for all of its changes, moving around to different servers and whatnot–has hit 12 years old on the internet 🙂
And that’s about it about the blog for the month of February! I’m about to roll into a busy month at school so juggling should be, errr, interesting, lol.