Hello everyone! Just a heads up–although I don’t know if it’s much of a heads up since I’ve only been blogging every other day/casually for almost a year now–that the blog will be going on hiatus from now until Friday, December 13th. School has been pretty crazy since it started but I had managed to keep up preparing content here until now as some stuff had been pre-scheduled. However things have been snowballing and picking up since and my reading has dropped considerably since school started so just in an effort to stay focused on my studies while balancing work and other offline stuff, the blog will be on hiatus. Hopefully my leisure reading between now and the time I come back won’t be so abysmal that I have something to post into the new year, lol. We’ll see.
Until then, have a wonderful November and start to December! 🙂
So I’m posting this later than usual because honestly this month has been insane. Work and school and personal life has been very busy. While it looks like I’ll have a bit of a break, next month will still be just as hectic, to be honest. Anyway, things that has been happening on the blog for the month of October:
- Books reviewed this month include Sally Rooney’s Normal People (review), John Scalzi’s The Consuming Fire (review), and Sarah Perry’s Melmoth (review). You can check out all the books I’ve reviewed recently in the book review tag.
- I reviewed two movies for this month, John Wick 3 (review) and Spider-Man: Far from Home (review). You can check out all of the past movies I’ve watched and reviewed in this tag.
- In celebration of my birthday, most of my poetry books have been 30% over at Lulu.com. More information can be found over at the following post (sorry, am just linking it directly because the code is not working on the preview for some reason: http://eclectictales.insanitysandwich.com/blog/2019/10/07/writing-poetry-books-on-sale-this-month/ Sale ends at midnight!
And that’s about it about the blog for this month. Please stay tuned as I have a wee bit of an announcement tomorrow (you probably figured it out by now). Have a wonderful November! 🙂
And here we are at the end of September (*cue the Green Day song*) and this post is coming a bit late today (for some reason I thought I had already typed and scheduled it, but I guess I was wrong). Anyway things are picking up on my end again as I’m back at uni for another semester. Work’s busy as always. And of course I’m trying to squeeze time to see people, catch up on important adult stuff, write, and read (and failing miserably on the last two). So here’s what has been going on at the blog in the meantime:
- Books reviewed this month include Emily A. Duncan’s Wicked Saints (review), Okiyan Braithwaite’s My Sister, the Serial Killer (review), and Amal El-Mohtar & Max Gladstone’s This is How You Lose the Time War (review). You can check out all the books I’ve reviewed recently in the book review tag.
- I sadly was not able to get around to my summer reading wrap-up list this year. Sign of the times, lol :3
- Friendly reminder that my latest poetry collection, Scrawled Stars, is available online now (Amazon.com, the Book Depository, and elsewhere)! You can learn more about it in this post. Stay tuned to my Instagram account and this space as I have an announcement coming up about my poetry books. Cheers!
And that’s about it about the blog for this month. Bit of a busy week for me as October rolls in but yeah, Happy October everyone 🙂
Where has the summer gone? lol seems like yesterday I was bemoaning how it was going to be work, work, work for me (*cue song here*). And lo and behold now we’re at the end of summer and classes are around the corner D= Anyway, here’s what has been going on around my blog for the month of August:
- Books reviewed this month include Susanna Kearsley’s A Desperate Fortune (review) and Meg Wolitzer’s The Interestings (review). You can check out all the books I’ve reviewed recently in the book review tag.
- The rest of the month was dedicated to catching up on all of my recent travels: from last year’s trip to Portugal to this year’s trip to the Netherlands and Iceland with side trips to Belgium and Germany. It was quite a feat but I’m quite proud to finally have caught up and share my travels with all of you. You can check out all of those posts in this category.
- My latest poetry collection, Scrawled Stars, is available online now (Amazon.com, the Book Depository, and elsewhere)! You can learn more about it in this post. Enjoy!
And that’s about it about the blog for the month of August! Well, back unto the breach for me. Have a wonderful Labour Day weekend!
How’s everyone’s summer going? It’s stupidly hot here in the city and I’ve been busy with work and trying to do ALL THE THINGS! before school starts again in September. But in the meantime here’s what has been going on at the blog for the month of July:
- Books reviewed recently: V.E. Schwab’s A Darker Shade of Magic (review), Ann Leckie’s Provenance (review), and John Scalzi’s The Collapsing Empire (review). You can check out all the books I’ve reviewed recently in the book review tag.
- One movie was reviewed this month: Captain Marvel (review). You can check out all of the past movies I’ve watched and reviewed in this tag.
- Comics reviewed recently include Thor: Ragnaroks (review) and Mera: Queen of Atlantis (review). You can read all of the comics I’ve reviewed over at this tag.
- My fourth poetry collection, Scrawled Stars, is available now! You can read about it and where it’s available online in this post. You can view all of my poetry books available now on this page. Thanks for your support!
And that’s about it with what’s going on here at the blog for the month of July! Happy August, everyone 🙂