Hi everyone! I’ve been blogging sort of casually for the last few months so I don’t know if there’s any point in placing placeholder posts here on my blog to inform this but the blog will be going on hiatus for a month actually (15 April – 13 May 2019): for the next two weeks I’ll be on exam mode (*le sigh*), and after that I’ll be heading out for vacation (omg finally *cries*)! From the 30th onward you can catch me over at Instagram where I’ll be posting some of my holiday photos 😉
Wishing everyone a lovely April, Easter weekend, and start of May! 🙂
Not gonna lie, I’m pretty glad this month is over and done with even though I have two major project deadlines looming on the horizon for school. But anyway, here’s what has been going on at the blog for the month of March:
- Books reviewed recently: Jill Santopolo’s The Light We Lost (review), N.K. Jemisin’s The Fifth Season (review), and Anna Burns’ Milkman (review). You can check out all the books I’ve reviewed recently in the book review tag.
- Comics reviewed recently include Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (review) and Thor: The Galactus Seed (review). You can read all of the comics I’ve reviewed over at this tag.
- The theme for this year’s Tolkien Reading Day is “Tolkien and the Mysterious.” You can read my thoughts about it over at this post.
And that’s about it about the blog for the month of March! Wishing you a lovely April 🙂
Yeah, February is the shortest month but I still can’t believe we’re two months gone into 2019. The month was very busy (just take a look at my monthly post of Bookish & Not-So-Bookish Thoughts) but the scheduled posts continue to roll in here on the blog. Here’s what has been going on here at the blog for the month:
- Books reviewed recently: Deborah Harkness’ Time’s Convert (review), Julia Quinn’s The Girl with the Make-Believe Husband (review), and Thea Lim’s An Ocean of Minutes (review). You can check out all the books I’ve reviewed recently in the book review tag.
- I was supposed to type out a reflective blog post about my blog hitting its 12th blogoversary but I was bogged down with studying for my midterms that I just never got around to typing it. Alas that life has become so busy that I have no time to even properly celebrate my blogoversary anymore! But yes, my blog–for all of its changes, moving around to different servers and whatnot–has hit 12 years old on the internet 🙂
And that’s about it about the blog for the month of February! I’m about to roll into a busy month at school so juggling should be, errr, interesting, lol.
Guess who’s back (more or less)? Scheduled posts have returned here on the blog, although I’m still a bit behind in catching up with book reviews. How long will this last, it’s hard to say.
- Books reviewed recently: J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Fall of Gondolin (review), Agatha Christie’s The Crooked House (review), and Kevin Kwan’s Rich People Problems (review). You can check out all the books I’ve reviewed recently in the book review tag.
- One movie was reviewed this month: Ant-Man and the Wasp (review). You can check out all of the past movies I’ve watched and reviewed in this tag.
- Comics reviewed recently include Captain Marvel: In Pursuit of Flight (vol. 1) (review) and Justice League: A League of One (review). You can read all of the comics I’ve reviewed over at this tag.
- I posted my answers to the 9th Annual End of the Year Book Survey. A little sparse considering how much less I read last year, but there you go.
And that’s about it about the blog for the month of January! How is your 2019 going so far?
November, where have you gone? This month had been ridiculously busy; seemed like the constant case of just trying to catch up–and barely making it. And it kind of showed here too, lol:
- Books reviewed recently: Deborah Harkness’ The World of All Souls (review), Sarah Beth Durst’s The Queen of Blood (review), and The Reluctant Queen (review). You can check out all the books I’ve reviewed recently in the book review tag.
- Reviewed one comic this month: Monstress (vol. 3) (review). You can read all of the comics I’ve reviewed over at this tag.
And that’s it! lol, it really was a busy month for me. I’m on exam mode now but fingers crossed I can post a few reviews before we ring in the New Year (omg, end of the year already).