Not my gif, as per usual
Well, it’s the end of another month! Personally I cannot believe there’s only three months left in the year! (And less than 7 days until German food for me, whoo! \o/) Anyways, here’s what has been going on here at the site for the past month:
01. As always I’ve been posting up my book reviews. ChiZine Publications kindly sent me Daniel Rabuzzi’s The Choir Boats (review) and The Indigo Pheasant (review) for review; the latter was released earlier this month. Other notable reviews this month include Tricia Dower’s Stony River, a novel that came out in paperback I believe in late August (I could be wrong); you can check out the review over here. You can always browse through this tag to check out all of my latest book reviews. On a personal note, I finally read Wharton’s The House of Mirth (review) and Barnes’ The Sense of an Ending (review) and I absolutely love both books =D
02. My articles on Discourse Magazine continue. Earlier this month I wrote on FGM for a special issue on the status of women around the globe. This week I wrote an article focusing on the intensifying Spain-Catalan tensions amidst their economic crisis.
04. I’ve been posting up my reviews of Doctor Who here every week (albeit a few days later). If you’ve missed them you can check them out here: 7.01, 7.02, 7.03, 7.04. And of course episode 7.05 is airing today ^_~
06. I’ve started a new monthly thing here on the blog where I’ll be making a post featuring some interesting articles and entries and news items that I’ve stumbled across over the web.
07. Random little aside, you may notice on the top menu that there’s something called Portfolio. It’s actually my online partial CV featuring some of my work. Unfortunately I’m too busy to update my other domain so it looks like that’s going to go next year and with that mini-site I can just feature certain works that I can show professionally. Once it’s all populated and updated, that is =P
Lastly, I’m a bit behind at commenting at the moment. It’s been a bit of a week on my end and unfortunately next week isn’t looking too good either with a few deadlines to meet and Friday pretty much booked. So please bear with me, I have not forgotten your comments! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and a happy end of the month/start of a new month! xD