Where did the summer go? And yet in a way, this year really has felt like forever, hasn’t it?
So bummer moment earlier this month: to update my blog, I had a folder containing all my drafts for blog posts (long story why I started this) and earlier this month as I was about to sit down and type a massive update of scheduled posts, the USB it was in was asking me to format it and basically all of the files were gone and inaccessible. You can imagine my frustration. Posts will still be scheduled but the time lost ;_;
- Books reviewed this month include Ian McDonald’s Luna: New Moon (review), Kate Andersen Brower’s Team of Five: The Presidents Club in the Age of Trump (review), and Peng Shepherd’s The Boo of M (review). You can check out all the books I’ve reviewed recently in the book review tag.
- Read and reviewed a whole slew of eARCs this month!: Nick Martell’s Kingdom of Liars (review), Gardner Dozois & Michael Swanwick’s City Under the Stars (review), Daniel Polansky’s The Seventh Perfection (review), Lisbeth Campbell’s The Vanished Queen (review/a>), Karen Osborne’s Architects of Memory (review), and Andrea Stewart’s The Bone Shard Daughter (review). You can check out all of the ARCs I’ve read and reviewed to date in this tag.
- I still have one advanced reading copy to read and review here. Otherwise updates will be laissez-faire again here as the new school semester starts and the uncertainty there; this last quarter of the year is looking to be especially busy with commitments at work, crawling towards the end of my degree programme, creative projects I’m working on (I’m sitting on two poetry collections that are various stages of editing; I’m not sure if they’ll be done for release before the end of the year. Fingers crossed!), as well as personal commitments. Busy busy!
- So in the meantime if I’m not here often, I’m over at Instagram, @eclecticreading 🙂
Wishing you all a lovely as stress-free as possible September! 🙂
Here we are, more or less at the end of the month. How is everyone doing? Almost everywhere restrictions are easing after various lockdowns from the pandemic so I hope everyone is doing well, healthy, and able to enjoy some normalcy! Here’s what has been going on at my blog for the month of June:
- Books reviewed this month include Seanan McGuire’s Down Among the Sticks and Bones (review), Sándor Márai’s Embers (review), and Susan Dennard’s Truthwitch (review). You can check out all the books I’ve reviewed recently in the book review tag.
- One ARC was reviewed this month (omg, my first in like, a year!): Amy Stuart’s Still Here (review). You can check out all of the ARCs I’ve read and reviewed to date in this tag.
- One graphic novel was reviewed this month: Marvel’s House of M (review). You can check out all of the comics I’ve reviewed in this tag.
And that’s about it about the blog for this month. Summer’s upon us and I’m reading a bunch of chunksters right alongside just pure IRL busy-ness so we’ll see what gets posted next month. Hope you and your loved ones are well and that you are all keeping safe! Have a wonderful July, and to my fellow Canadians a very Happy Canada Day to you all 🙂
Well now, here we are at the end of May. How are things on your end? Here in my province and city there’s move towards a new normalcy: shops ad businesses slowly reopening, lockdown and emergency contingencies relaxing, but still monitoring the number of COVID-19 cases. We shall see what June will bring us. In the meantime, here’s what has been going on at my blog for the month of May:
- Books reviewed this month include Katherine Addison’s The Goblin Emperor (review), Hannah Kent’s The Good People (review), and John M. Barry’s The Great Influenza (review). You can check out all the books I’ve reviewed recently in the book review tag.
- No movie reviews or other review types posted this month. Here’s what else has been going on in my life, lol.
- The great catch-up continues here on the blog as I continue posting reviews from books read as far back as…late last year? Early this year? Also may post photos from my last trip one of these days/sometime this summer.
Until next time, hope you and your loved ones are well and that you are all keeping safe and healthy!
I’m back! Sort of. More or less. These are strange times we’re living in, so here I am establishing a tad bit of normalcy, catching up with reviews of books I’ve read in the last few months. And here’s what I posted so far:
- Books reviewed this month include Francesca Melandri’s Eva Sleeps (review), Celeste Ng’s Little Fires Everywhere (review), and David Mitchell’s Cloud Atlas (review). You can check out all the books I’ve reviewed recently in the book review tag.
- I posted two movie reviews this month: 1917 (review) and Cloud Atlas (review). You can check out all of the past movies I’ve watched and reviewed in this tag.
- Hoping to get back on track with my poetry Instagram account next month. All my writing projects came to a standstill because of school and work back and forth but I’m slowly getting back to it soon.
And that’s about it about the blog for this month. Hope you and your loved ones are well and that you are all keeping safe!
Hello everyone! Just a heads up–although I don’t know if it’s much of a heads up since I’ve only been blogging every other day/casually for almost a year now–that the blog will be going on hiatus from now until Friday, December 13th. School has been pretty crazy since it started but I had managed to keep up preparing content here until now as some stuff had been pre-scheduled. However things have been snowballing and picking up since and my reading has dropped considerably since school started so just in an effort to stay focused on my studies while balancing work and other offline stuff, the blog will be on hiatus. Hopefully my leisure reading between now and the time I come back won’t be so abysmal that I have something to post into the new year, lol. We’ll see.
Until then, have a wonderful November and start to December! 🙂