So, how was everyone’s August? Mine was hella busy (more about it next month when I post my Bookish & Not-So-Bookish Thoughts). Fun fact: I was planning on posting recaps of my time in Portugal but I’ve just been so busy, I haven’t actually sat down with enough patience to sift through the photos. Oops. Fingers crossed I do get around to posting about it next month 🙂 In the meantime here’s what has been going on here at the blog for the month of August:
- Books reviewed recently: Noah Hawley’s Before the Fall (review), Neil Gaiman’s Anansi Boys (review), and Curtis Sittenfield’s Eligible (review). You can check out all the books I’ve reviewed recently in the book review tag.
- Read and reviewed one advanced reading copy (wow, first one in ages!): Amy Stuart’s Still Water (review. You can read all of the ARCs I read in the past over at this tag.
- Reviewed two movies in the last two months: The Death of Stalin (review) and Crazy Rich Asians (review). You can check out all of the past movies I’ve watched and reviewed in this tag.
And that’s about it, lol! Well, it’s back to the grind (working the long weekend, and then back to school starting Tuesday). Wishing everyone a lovely start of September! 🙂
I know I say this at the end of the every month but where indeed has the time gone? We are well more than halfway through the year, I’m a month away from heading back to school and it’s been well than a month since I’ve been on holiday and I’ve yet to put together posts about my trip. Anyway. Here’s what has been going on at the blog for the past month:
- Books reviewed this month include: George Saunders’ Lincoln in the Bardo (review), Blake Crouch’s Dark Matter (review), and Julia Quinn’s To Sir Philip, With Love (review). You can check out all the books I’ve reviewed recently in the book review tag.
- Posted two movie reviews this month: Black Panther (review) and Spider-Man: Homecoming (review). You can check out all of the past movies I’ve watched and reviewed in this tag.
- Also briefly reviewed some comics which you can find in this post. You can read all of the comics I’ve reviewed over at this tag.
- Notice anything different about the top menu and the side bar? I’ve finally properly added a My Books page about all of my published poetry books to date and where you can get them 🙂 Hurray! And now back to working on my latest book…
And that’s about it from eclectic tales for the month of July! Wishing everyone a lovely week 🙂
So I was on hiatus towards the end of May as I went on holiday to Portugal for two weeks so I never got around to doing a monthly update. As I sort of mentioned previously I am slowly getting back into the swing of blogging, albeit very slowly as I haven’t been reading as much these days. I still have a bajillion comments to get back to for starters, but I am slowly getting there, so don’t be surprised that I’m commenting to messages you left me months ago :3 Oops. Anyway, here’s what has been going on at my blog over the last two months:
- Books reviewed recently: Agatha Christie’s Murder on the Orient Express (review), Michael J. Sullivan’s The Crown Tower (review), and Joseph E. Stiglitz’s The Euro (review). You can check out all the books I’ve reviewed recently in the book review tag.
- Reviewed two movies in the last two months: Thor: Ragnarok (review) and Avengers: Infinity War (review). You can check out all of the past movies I’ve watched and reviewed in this tag.
- Comics reviewed recently include Monstress (vol. 2) (review), The Infinity Gauntlet (review), and Infinity (review). You can read all of the comics I’ve reviewed over at this tag.
- So I came back from holiday in early June. Fingers crossed I can post pictures here sometime in August (haven’t really started going through the photos I took save for whatever was on my phone) 🙂
And that’s about it about the blog recently! Wishing everyone a wonderful week and to my fellow Canadians a wonderful Canada Day weekend! 🙂
Well, I’m back. lol.
For almost two weeks I was off on holiday to Portugal with my dad. It’s a beautiful country–I was pleasantly surprised at how rich its forests were! So much green, it was amazing–with lots of history, stories, and food to eat 😛 As the below photos show, we were in Porto and Lisbon, but we also spent the weekend at Fatima, as well as took day trips to Braga, Sintra, and Cabo da Roca. Some of those photos you can see over at Instagram; I’ll get around to posting more about my trip sometime later this time.
Alas that my holiday is over now; back to the grind, now. In the meantime–
Hey everyone! Not that I’m posting on a daily basis here anymore but I figured I give the heads up anyway that the blog will be going on hiatus from 28 May to 10 June 2018 as I will be going on holiday 🙂 So until the 10th there will be no scheduled posts going live but ICYMI archive links will continue to run over at Twitter (sort of; I know there were some updates to the plugin recently and I decided to slow the rate of that down in the meantime). You can also catch me over at Instagram as I will most certainly be posting holiday pictures over there 🙂
Thanks and wishing you all a wonderful start to June! 🙂