Wishing you and your loved ones a Happy New Year! Warmest wishes and all the best for this 2018 🙂
Wishing you and your loved ones a very Happy Christmas (or Happy Holidays if you don’t celebrate)! May your day be filled with wonderful memories, good times, and plenty of books under your tree 🙂
I’ve unboxed a few large items recently that I never got around to posting over here: one being a TN (traveller’s notebook)-style leather cover for my larger notebooks and another being my reward for a Kickstarter project that I supported earlier this year. Decided to just combine them into one post for easy viewing 🙂 As always, you can click on the images to enlarge and read what each item is:
ShopJot – A5 Leather Cover
Okay, I’ve given in to the whole TN lifestyle whole-heartedly and to complete my little family of TNs, I bought a leather cover for my larger notebooks. ShotJot is based in Alberta, Canada and she makes a whole array of leather covers, some of inner pockets, some without, lots of different textures and styles. I went with a classic caramel-coloured cover, no pockets. It’s an A5 size so it’s larger than a Moleskine cahier notebook but anyway…
Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things they’ve encountered during the week, etc.).
- I am back from hiatus! Still have classes technically running until Friday but my brain has already checked out like, even before my health assessment exam x_x
- So, things that have been going on with me…School has been back in full swing since the end of November and I’m just as fed up as I was before the college strike. They keep saying they understand how stressful things are and they’re working towards optimising our learning, blah, blah, blah, and yet they heap all the tests on you. Maybe I’m just especially sceptic about their blah-blah because I’d been in the academic system for too long and know what I’m dealing with. Unfortunately our Christmas break has been shortened as a result of the strike…and they were saying it wasn’t #iamnotamused
- Work has been okay. Not going to lie, I miss the craziness of the medical unit I was working at previously, but routine is good too. Been picking up a lot of shifts, which is great but also a bummer when you’re also blocking yourself off to deal with schoolwork. I’m working before Christmas and Boxing Day this year but not Christmas Day, which is a nice change. However I am working on New Year’s…on my previous unit, lmao.
- At least I did almost all of my Christmas shopping and all of my Christmas cards last month 🙂
- Remind me the next time I’m offered an overtime shift to make sure I’m not working a day shift the following day? I worked two overtime shifts recently (day/evening) but the second one was brutal, I was dragging myself through the following day. Never again (as much as possible), 16 hours is too much for one person x_x
- After going through issue after issue, my latest poetry collection is finally completed, lol. More about that tomorrow 😉
- Books I am currently reading: for something light and fun, I’m reading Candace Camp’s A Winter Scandal. I’ve also slowly started reading Lauren Eden’s second poetry collection, Atlantis. I also have Joseph Stiglitz’s The Euro: How a Common Currency Threatens The Future of Europe sitting on my night table but I don’t think I’ll be getting around to it anytime soon…
- New Year resolutions are something I don’t really do these days just because they end up being superfluous and broken by the end of January (though I did do the things I set out to do this year: self-published two poetry books, travelled to places I’ve been dreaming to go for ages, went back to school (again)). However I find myself thinking about them this year, more along the lines of the future, what do I want in my life ultimately and what I want to achieve, little things that could be changed (starting with using all the stuff I’ve accumulated in the past few years, lmao). Dunno what got me stopping and thinking about all of these big things, but there you go.
- So yes, starting next year I am going on a bit of a no-spend. I’ve done it here and there in the past but it has gotten a bit out of control recently so I figured go on a no-spend (by some parametres of course, too rigid and the plan will fall to pieces within a day) so that I can use what I have. Funnily enough this has more to do with the amount of stationery-related stuff I have as I have actually dwindled on the book-buying a bit (though it will nonetheless fall under the bracket of the no-spend as a way to catch up on my TBR pile right now!). We’ll see, we’ll see. Early days.
- Changes are a-coming on the blog in the new year. After I ger through the January hiatus, lol.
And that’s it from me! How is everyone doing? Hope everyone is having a lovely and as stress-free December as possible!
Happy November 29th! Posting my wrap-up post a day earlier since I do my monthly wrap-ups at the end of the month…Anyhow, I hope everyone had a lot of fun with this year’s Sci-Fi Month 🙂 Just to recap, here are the posts that I featured as part of the event:
And that’s it for Sci-Fi Month 2017! How did you celebrate Sci-Fi Month? What was your favourite post or discussion? Did you come across something new that you wanted to check out?