Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We’d love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
This week’s topic: Top Ten Books I’ve Recently Added To My TBR Queue
a.k.a. an excuse to talk about what’s on my bookshelf right now, waiting to be read 😛
Starting from the most recent addition to my to-read pile and working my way back:
- Why Kings Confess by C.S. Harris — I’ve been catching up on the Sebastian St. Cyr mysteries lately–I forgot how great they are! Reviews to follow 😉
- The Lake House by Kate Morton — The change in book cover from her previous novels absolutely irks me, but I did get it for a very good price on Boxing Day so I’ll let it go 😛
- The Goblin Emperor by Katherine Addison — I’ve been eyeing this standalone fantasy for a few years now, I heard a lot of positive things about it so I picked it up last month.
- Shadows of Self by Brandon Sanderson — Yeah, got the hardback on Christmas and with Bands of Mourning coming out within the next tw weeks, yeah, it’s all good 😀
- Love in the Time of Scandal (Scandalous #3) by Caroline Linden — I have the first two books sitting on my TBR and was initially not thinking about picking up the third. Then Boxing Day sales happened and I snatched it up ASAP, lol.
- I See a Man by Owen Sheers — I read his earlier novel Resistance (review) years ago and absolutely loved it. I was quite excited when I heard that he was coming out with a new novel so yeah, I ended up picking it up late last year 🙂
- Clariel (Abhorsen #4) by Garth Nix — I was honestly a little hesitant about this book as I thought the first three novels were fantastic and wrapped up nicely. But in the end I succumbed and picked up this book as there’s so much story that can be set in the Old Kingdom and more aspects of it to explore. Plus I heard good things about the book 😛
- The Mistletoe Bride and Other Haunting Tales by Kate Mosse — Last year I seem to have been on a quest to collect all of Kate Mosse’s books, lol. I enjoyed her Languedoc trilogy and was curious to read her standalones and short stories. So here we are, this lovely volume sitting on my TBR pile.
- A God in Ruins by Kate Atkinson — Incentive to finally read Life After Life 😛 It was also on sale, how could I not pick it up?
- Fifteen Dogs by Andre Alexis — It won the Giller Prize last year and I’ve heard good things about this book so I picked it up
before it became sold out like what happened to me last time with the previous Giller Prize-winning novel
And those are the books that ended up on my TBR queue recently! What books did you add?