In the North (otherwise known as Canada), there lives a woman who grew up reading a lot: she was read to as a little girl, she read to and from school and during class, she read on her spare time, she read even when things were too busy and hectic and examinations were coming up left, right, and centre. This blog you’re reading is the result of all that reading.
Hallo once more! My name is Lianne, the blogger of eclectictales.com. A little bit about myself: I’m 30 and am from Canada. Like my blog name, I have a bit of an eclectic academic background, having studied Soviet-Russian history during my undergraduate and Masters programmes before completing a diploma programme in practical nursing. On the side I continue to write articles, fragments, stories, whatever’s on my mind at the moment, and am slowly working my way towards publishing something one of these days.
From the preamble, I’ve been an avid reader since I was a child, from science fiction and adventure storeis to fantasy and historical fiction, classic literature and translated works. I read quite an eclectic mix of genres and themes, hence the name of my blog 🙂 You can learn more about my blog, its history, and its policies over at About This Site.
Other than books, I have a range of other interests from (European) football (especially come the World Cup and the Euro), travelling, languages, and photography. I do also enjoy keeping up with what’s coming out in movie theatres and what’s on television (mainly UK shows, but also short series that catch my interest; I don’t have the same attention span or patience to keep up with a 22-episode season these days). I also love coffee; suffice to say I need it to survive.
And that’s all there is to me, really 🙂
- J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings (review #1, #2, #3)
- Jane Austen’s Persuasion (commentary)
- Elizabeth Gaskell’s North & South (review)
- Carlos Ruiz Zafon’s The Shadow of the Wind (commentary)
- Ian McEwan’s Atonement (review)
- Brandon Sanderson’s first Mistborn trilogy (#1, #2, #3)
- Instrumental Composers: Fabrizio Paterlini, Ludovico Einaudi, Clint Mansell, Olafur Arnalds, Max Ritcher, Johan Johansson
- Singers & Bands: Keane, Zero Assoluto, Foals, Dear Rouge, Daughter, Florence & the Machine, Of Monsters and Men
- The Lord of the Rings
- Pride & Prejudice (2005)
- The Fall
- The Fountain
Television (at least currently):
- Orphan Black
- Doctor Who
- The Expanse
- Wolf Hall
- Kim’s Convenience
Last Revised: 06 January 2017