Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things they’ve encountered during the week, etc.).
- So. Life, eh? lol since my last post…Well, still following lockdown measures although things are slowly starting to reopen here now. I just want things to be normal enough that I don’t have to be as worried leaving the house, you know? Like, the worry lingers in the back of your mind. I just want to be able to run an errand or see someone without thiking about hand hygiene (to my already eczema-ridden hands) and possibly encountering the virus somewhere (I live with high-risk people at home) and whatnot.
- I’m starting to miss eating out at restaurants lol. The occasional bubble tea. Pizza. Haven’t had any of that stuff in a while lol.
- Work also continues although I’ve started taking more days off. I want to enjoy my summer a bit, work on creative projects, take care of myself more…
- On the plus side, I was working on a project proposal at work and my team was approved for funding! Quite a surprise as we had submitted it before lockdown so my colleague and I completely forgot about it lol (the results were delayed because of the lockdown and the reduction of non-essential services). We’re so happy and proud of it, especially as it’s nursing-led 🙂
- I don’t remember if I mentioned it in my last Bookish post but I’ve started exercising regularly since April and it’s been such a help. I’m not dying as much as before at work, and I did lose a bit of weight. So yay that! Going to try and mix it up soon enough between different kinds of exercises (right now it’s mostly crunches-type and squats and the like, so more pilates-style) but I’m also a creature of habit sooooo…lol.
- Books I’m currently reading right now: I’m finally reading N.K. Jemisin’s The Inheritance trilogy! Only took me how many years? lol. Looooooooved The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms, book one in the trilogy, so now I’m on to book two, The Broken Kingdoms. I’ve also slowly started re-read J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Two Towers. Will this be the summer of reading chunksters and epics?
- I had to re-purchase The Inheritance trilogy as an ebook because of the omnibus was huge and hard to read in bed. I think I’m of the mind now that while omnibuses are a good idea, it’s not practical as a physical copy to read.
- I guess I’ve been quite productive, I’ve also been writing more lately, finally getting back to some old writing projects and finishing them up.
- I received my my Polene purse in the post a few weeks ago. It’s so beautiful, you guys, I can’t even begin to say. The craftsmanship is amazing.
- I’m thinking of taking a break from social media again. We’ll see.
And that’s it from me! How are you all holding up since my last post? Stay safe, everyone 🙂