Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things they’ve encountered during the week, etc.).
- I’m back! Sort of? I’ve started scheduling a few posts here in an effort to catch up on what I’ve been reading, inject a bit of life here and express what I’ve been thinking and reading. Of course it won’t be the same as before, but I will try very hard to reply to comments and whatnot. See if I can blog hop a bit, time-permitting.
- With everything that’s going on, I ended up breaking my social media blackout for Lent. It’s hard being off it at a time like this when digital communication is the only way to stay connected with other people, see information and what’s going on outside of what’s on the news right now. Just need some streak of positivity.
- On a not terribly positive note, Twitter still looks like terrible, populating my feed with posts that other people liked. WTF, if it I didn’t need Twitter for this blog I should just delete my account. FML.
- Since my update post, nothing much has been happening (har har, guess that’s what happens when you #stayhome and maintain social distancing). Work continues to ramp up with new protocols and policies in anticipation of COVID-19 hitting our system, but I really hope it doesn’t come to it. It’s already pretty hard, hard to do our routine, provide care, and on top of it now there’s all these other things to consider, not to mention your own safety.
- I’m hitting the last weeks of the semester, which is pretty quiet after the onslaught of midterms and assignments the last few weeks. My university moved to online delivery pretty fast so lol. I’m just prepping for exams…and I’m supposed to be working on a final assignment for another class 🙁
- On the other hand because of this mini-break before exams, I’m starting to take care of other things like this blog, updating some other journals, finally going through my travel photos (just might be able to post them here in the next month or so). So yeah, slowly getting a lot of things done amidst all of this. It just sucks I won’t be able to celebrate my friend’s birthday next week and stuff like that.
- Books I’m currently reading: Italo Calvino’s The Complete Cosmicomics, at long last. Read a few of its stories in the past but now I can read the whole thing 🙂 I also started reading Carl Jung’s Answer to Job which was recommended to me. Should be interesting.
- I don’t know when this is going to happen but I’m thinking of re-reading the first two books in Hilary Mantel’s Thomas Cromwell trilogy before delving into The Mirror and the Light. Colour me excited 😀
- I was working on an upcoming poetry collection before midterms slammed me in the gut. Unfortunately that went into a standstill because I realised I didn’t have enough content for that collection and will now have to figure out a way to re-organise what material I have. Again. It’s pretty dizzying when you have to go through how many notebooks with how many years worth of poetry. It will be done, one way or the other, but I’m holding off until after my exams to properly look through them.
- With all the extreme weather we’ve been experiencing and the stress of the last few weeks, my Lenten plant died this year. So I bought some succulents to spruce up my space:)
And that’s it from me! How are you all holding up? Stay safe, everyone 🙂