Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things they’ve encountered during the week, etc.).
- Much as I’m not a big fan of the summer weather, where did the summer go? The summer was just…busy, lol. If I wasn’t working, I was going out and meeting up with people. I’m surprised I haven’t retreated into an anti-social shell, it’s just been go-go-go all summer O_o
- Of course, now it’s September and it’s back to school for me. God help me, these classes are just so blah. While my previous degrees had its own share of problems and stressors, at least it was really interesting and mentally stimulating. What I’m studying now is like, 90% nonsense and not directly correlated to my profession. Or maybe I’m just getting older and cantankerous and noticing how things are just not aligning in the real world.
- Or you know, maybe all the craziness from summer time is finally catching up with me *ponders* Doesn’t help that my work schedule is just a mess right now because I didn’t know what my school schedule was going to look like. So I’m actually working a bit more than I ought to right now…Which might be a good thing because ahhh, lots of expenses coming up soon x_x
- Guys, guys, Hilary Mantel’s The Mirror and the Light is finally going to be released next year, I’m so excited! Need to carve some time to re-read the first two books in anticipation for it.
- Actually there are a lot of awesome books coming out at the end of the year and into the next year…Indigo last week (the major bookstore chain here in Canada) topped up my points to redeem $100 so naturally I took advantage of this and bought a bunch of pre-orders. Colour me excited 😀
- This was actually one thing I was very happy about last summer: I actually got to read a bit more. This is the first year–or second?–that my reading actually dropped considerably. Between other hobbies, work, school, and other social events, I’ve just been too exhausted before bed to read like I used to. Bit last summer I was able to read a bit so that was nice. Fingers crossed I can continue at a reasonable pace this autumn.
- Books I’m currently reading: I started reading Elena Ferrante’s Frantumaglia; been sort of stalling on it for some reason, maybe because it’s such a huge collection of letter and articles and thoughts about her works. I’ve also sort of started reading Sarah Perry’s Melmoth as the book positively looks like an autumn read. Plus:
- So I’ve made the decision that I will take a mini-vacation come Reading Week in February 2020. Usually people would go on vacation somewhere warm in the dead of winter, but not this girl: provided there are no hiccups with flights and whatnot, I’m hoping to book for Prague 🙂 Still deciding on a back-up location in case those plans fall through but otherwise my mind is set on Central Europe in Feburary (think of how pretty it’ll be there). And if I have homework to do, I’ll try my best to do it before I leave, otherwise I’ll bring it with me (yeah, that would suck, but I don’t trust one of my courses next semester. And I’m determined to take a break sooooo…)
- I finally watched John Wick 3 last week. Hah, good decision not to watch it in theatres because my family and I were like !!! for maybe the first 20 minutes or so lol (it was good though, I always enjoy watching these movies).
- So many albums coming out recently! Keane and a collaboration album with Johann Johannson coming out at the end of the week, Charli XCX last week, MUNA and Post Malone the previous week, Of Monsters and Men last month or so, Foals next month…My ears are deaf, but happy 🙂
And that’s it from me! How is your September going so far?