This week’s topic: Books On My TBR I’m Avoiding Reading and Why
Well, well, look who’s making an appearance for this week’s TTT 😛 This week’s topic sounded really interesting so why not, here’s some books on my TBR that I seem to be avoiding and why O_O
- A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving — Admittedly I did start reading the first few pages or so but then stopped and opted for another book. I don’t know if it’s the length or the fact that I’m not sure what to expect with this book but I’m guessing thats why I’m avoiding it on my TBR lol.
- The Dagger and Coin series by Daniel Abraham — I have the entire series on my TBR so why haven’t I cracked it yet? Simply put, I need to re-read The Dragon Path and I just haven’t gotten around to it. Maybe if I get my TBR pile a bit smaller I might finally get around to reading the series as a whole.
- The Century trilogy by Ken Follett — I’m no stranger to massive, Tolstoy-length-esque books but these books are huge. Need to carve out a considerable amount of time to trackle these books.
- Life and Fate by Vassily Grossman — I’m also no stranger to Soviet Russian literature but I wasn’t expecting this book to be as huge as it is; I feel like I need to be in the right mood to read it. Maybe this winter, who knows…
- The Goblin Emperor by Katherine Addison — I’m not sure why I’m avoiding this book on my TBR pile, there’s nothing quite amazing as a standalone fantasy. I guess because it’s a bit on the hefty side? I don’t know, I don’t know
- Frantumaglia by Elena Ferrante — It looks intense, lol. I need quiet time to tackle her thoughts lol.
- Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson — Another chunkster on my shelf. Am I ready for it? Not sure yet, don’t think so.
- Do Not Say We Have Nothing by Madeleine Thien — I snatched this book up as soon as it became available to avoid it becoming sold out like other books that won Giller Prizes in the past. So why haven’t I read it yet?!
- The Labyrinth of Spirits by Carlos Ruiz Zafon — I don’t want this series to end ;_; I need to savour it as much as I could, hence why I haven’t devoured it yet.
- The House at the Edge of Night by Catherine Banner — I bought this book years ago and have yet to read it; not sure why I’m circling it, it has all of the elements to a book that I would enjoy. Hmm. Maybe next summer?
So what books are you avoiding on your TBR queue? Let me know, I’d love to hear from you! 🙂