Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things they’ve encountered during the week, etc.).
- Is it the end of April yet? =/
- I attended this exhibit some two weeks ago which was wonderful: Monet! Pissaro! Degas! Cassatt! Van Gogh! I wish I had spent more time–I had work that afternoon so it was basically a drop in to the exhibit and then left–as I would have liked to wander around the permanent collections. Alas, maybe next time.
- School continues to be a bummer, although I’m liking my ethics class. All this group work, I don’t understand. I don’t understand, almost all of us in this programme has some concept of teamwork since we work in the field in some capacity, so why keep shovelling the group work business? Especially as most of us have different work schedules? I’m getting a twitch now every time I have to deal with this, omg…
- Work has also been a bit trying lately. It was hectic in February, sort of eased off at the start of March, and now it’s back to full-on madness. There’s going to be a lot of shuffling around at my workplace because units are moving and opening so I’m seriously considering moving. Again.
- Actually, can I just win the lottery? Pack up and take off and that’s that.
- Speaking of taking off, almost all of the details of my trip have been set. I usually have everything set a lot sooner but because of school and work and my overall mental exhaustion, it’s taken longer lately for me to just carve some time to hammer everything out. Most of the logistical headaches have been sorted out so suffice to say I am excited now 🙂
- Books I’m currently reading: Still slowly working my way through The Saga of Icelanders. I recently finished reading Myke Cole’s The Armoured Saint, re-reading William Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar, and the comic Thor: The World Eaters written by Matt Fraction so I’m looking at my TBR pile as to what to read next…It’s deadline season so I’m trying to keep it light. Sort of.
- Yup, reading has slowed down again because of everything. Which is a bit frustrating but sometimes I’m just too mentally tired to engage in anything. How do you guys unwind when you’re stressed or life in general is just being too extra?
- On the plus side, prompted after seeing the longest for this year’s Woman’s Prize, I finally read Anna Burns’ Milkman. Review will be posted next week but at least I can say I read one of the books listed this year? Hahaha.
- Did I mention I can’t wait until the end of April? 😛
And that’s it from me! How have you been? How’s your March going?