Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things they’ve encountered during the week, etc.).
- She is allllllllllive! I finished the semester on December 12 with my last exam then, which was an absolute relief because I was so done with the semester. I dunno, it was just assignment and examination after another, and I really didn’t care for any of the essays I was writing so it made for a rather miserable experience. I was clearly spoiled during my undergrad in discovering a field in history that I loved and was passionate about lol.
- Work continues to be what it is *shrugs*
- But then starting last week it’s been non-stop Christmas celebrations when I’m not working, lol: met up with two friends so far, tonight I’m going out with my coworkers, and then over the weekend it’s my brother’s birthday and then meeting with another friend. It’s not even Christmas and I’m already hovering over food coma status x_x But it’s all fun, lol, it’s good to sit back and celebrate and catch up with friends 🙂
- In the meantime, bwhahahaha, I can finally catch up on a whole bunch of other stuff that fell by the wayside because of the end of the semester…like this blog! Not that I had been reading much the last few weeks (DDD=) but there are book reviews I had been meaning to post for some time now. So hopefully I can get those typed up and schedule them out. And reply to comments before the end of the year!!! Pretty sure I have a few dating back to September… =3
- My writing also fell by the wayside the last few months, both poetry and prose.
- Books I’m currently reading: TBD
- I know as book bloggers and voracious book readers that we say we’re going to make a dent in our TBR piles, but I really hope I do in the next few weeks: I think because so much has been on my mind the last few months and I was just so preoccupied bouncing back and forth between school and work, I felt like I was in a book slump when it came to reading. I didn’t read much except for some poetry and when I did read prose, it was non-fiction (I guess to balance all the nursing theory and general theory that I was being bombarded with). So I’m really hoping to take a step back and relax with a book the next little bit (also helps that I took a week off in January before school starts. I need that break).
- Speaking of breaks, my travel plans for February have been pushed off due to some unforeseen offline issues that my family’s been dealing with. Fingers crossed I can get a break at the end of the second semester.
- In the meantime I’ve started prepping my 2019 analogue system. Quite fun! More about it in the new year 😉
- I really need to get back on a no-spend of some sort. Kinda went at it HARD the last few weeks with the spending and all the deals and whatnot #oops
And that’s it from me! How have you been? Have a happy holidays! 🙂