Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things they’ve encountered during the week, etc.).
- Since returning from Reading Week last month it’s been boom-boom-boom with school and midterms and papers due. I don’t remember it being THAT hectic, WTF? It was an endless carousel, so sleep was buh-bye for me and of course, silly me, I still picked up a few additional shifts at work. Talk about trying to run myself to the ground #facepalm
- I want to say I have a reprieve this week/sort of next week but actually I don’t: I have a presentation and head-to-toe assessment to prep for, a paper to start, and boom! Final exams x_x Thankfully this semester went by fairly quickly…
- My coworkers are such a joy though in how supportive they are with me back in school and all <3
- But yeah, I don’t know if it’s a mix of the current patient population on my unit or my busy-ness with school and work but the last few shifts I had were absolutely tiring. Actually had a bit of a scare last week as I thought I had pulled a muscle somewhere from transferring or assisting a patient with care. The stuff of nightmares; I was so happy I was off the following days after (even if I was working on a paper), give my body a break from that kind of physical exertion. Happy to report I’m okay now *thumbs up*
- I wish I was going away on a short vacation after exams are done but I can’t. It’s okay, I am eyeing Reading Week in February…
- Books I’m currently reading: started Noam Chomsky’s Necessary Illusions: Thought Control in Democratic Societies, seemed like a timely read. I also sort of started reading Sarah Beth Durst’s The Reluctant Queen as I did finish the previous book, The Queen of Blood, last week. Nothing else at this time as I still have a stretch to study for with school (watch me change my in depending on my mood).
- Yet despite of all of this busy-ness, I bought a ton of books recently. Anna Burns’ Milkman, Brandon Sanderson’s Oathbringer, Thea Lim’s An Ocean of Minutes…Can’t wait until my Christmas holidays so I can start reading it all 😀
- I know it’s super early but I want to start filling out Christmas cards 😀
- My new favourite account right now: @effinbirds (Twitter // Instagram)
- I just caught up reading the news for today (Wednesday): what the hell–? (namely the press conference and Jim Acosta’s White House pass being revoked)
And that’s it from me! How have you been?