Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things they’ve encountered during the week, etc.).
- Thank God I’m on Reading Week. The last two weeks have been torture. Sure, I’m slowly sifting through a ton of schoolwork right now, but at least I’m away from school/the classroom. Getting through some of those lectures have been tedious…
- Meanwhile I picked up some shifts over the past weekend, nights namely plus an overtime right before Thanksgiving. So guess who spent most of Thanksgiving sleeping? #thisgirl
- Honestly though I’m still working on what it means to have some kind of work-school balance. Because school is boring me at times and I’m so tempted to pick up shifts here and there because a) money and b) my schedule is looking sad af these days but then I have to remind myself that I have a tendency of overreaching (which I think I’ve been doing lately and that’s why I’m feeling so burnt out). It’s a vicious cycle.
- Last Friday was my birthday, which was spent mostly running errands. However my family and I had dinner at an Italian restaurant called Scaddabush which was nice. It was all in all a rather quiet affair, as have been some of my previous birthdays.
- On of my birthday gifts this year, wheee. Don’t think I’ll get around to reading this any time soon but it’d be super cool to re-read the first three books before getting aroudn to the last one…
- Books I’m currently reading: Neil MacGregor’s Germany: Memories of a Nation (absolutely fascinating!), Catherine Merridale’s Red Fortress: History and Illusion in the Kremlin (kinda meh so far as it’s reading more like a standard Russian history textbook rather than focusing clearly on the Kremlin), and Deborah Harkness’ The World of All Souls 🙂
- As you can see I’ve been in a non-ficiton sort of mood. I think it’s because of all of this theoretical readings I have to do for school.
- One of the big ponderous things I’ve been going through the last few weeks is what my analogue set-up is going to be for 2019. Exciting stuff, but also a touch stressful as clearly I’m the type of person who works with more than one planner over the course of the year. Anyway I picked up my stuff yesterday (including a Hobonichi Techo *_*) and am looking forward to getting ready for 2019! 😀
- A coworker got me into pumpkin spiced latte. Why haven’t I drank these previously?
- I have book giveaway happening right now. Ends Sunday night!
And that’s the ehhh of what’s going on with me lately. Back to schoolwork for me now. How are you doing?