Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things they’ve encountered during the week, etc.).
- I hope that heat wave we experienced last weekend is the last of the season. I’m so done with summer, you guys!
- So all I’ve been doing recently is working. Working, working, working. So much so that even some of my patients were beginning to wonder if I had any time for myself, lol. I did…the last two days, lol. It’s been so busy and heavy at work lately, and fairly short-staffed on top of it so you’re doing overtime and whatnot. Trying to think of it as travel money, but yeah, it’s exhausting. I am however planning on taking a week off later this month just to relax though.
- Last month was our admin clerk’s retirement party. It was a lot of fun–most of us turned out, particularly us part-timers (we all ended up at the same table as we’re the ones who work together the most)–but at the same time it was pretty sad because she’s so nice and she’s just such a fixture at the unit. It’ll be so different without her at the desk. But she deserves it.
- Us part-timers had so much fun that in fact we’re doing a get-together next week lol 😀
- Meanwhile I may have splurged quite a bit in the past month. Finally ordered from Baum Kuchen; no regrets, their stuff is beautiful and very well-made. My travel TN is all set for the next adventure 😉 Bought the stuff under the guise of an early EARLY birthday present but anyway…
- I also bought an Anello knapsack and shoulder bag after eyeing it for quite some time (and no knowing the name of the brand until recently). It looks great and light and I can see how it’s set up to fit a lot of stuff. Of course now I’m also eyeing Gaston Luga for a travel knapsack. This just never ends, does it? lol
- Books I’m currently reading: finishing up Justin Cronin’s The Passage (it’s so slow ;_;), slowly reading through John English’s Just Watch Me: the Life of Pierre Elliot Trudeau, 1968 – 2000 (it’s a chunkster of a book), and Oliver Pötzsch’s The Ludwig Conspiracy (I’m not wholly familiar with German history, believe it or not, so this is a bit of an eye-opener alongside the historical thriller aspect).
- Another bummer about just working non-stop lately: all of my side projects fell by the wayside. My poetry book (so close to being completed), going through photos from my trip to post here, other stuff…
- School stuff also got pushed aside a bit as I have transfer credits and student card to apply for. I attended the orientation for my programme last week and surprisingly it wasn’t as overwhelming as I thought it would be. Brownie points for this programme, it might not be so bad after all.
- My blog’s been acting up a bit, I’m not sure if you guys are experiencing it whenever you’re on it (pages not loading, hence why it takes longer for me to schedule stuff). But in other news I FINALLY added a My Books section for my poetry books 🙂
And that’s it from me! How have you been? 🙂