Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things they’ve encountered during the week, etc.).
- Down with this abominable heat 🙁
- Still so so so sad Germany crashed out of the World Cup early (but I freely admit that they were not playing to the standard we usually see them at) but how shocking and crazy has this World Cup been? So sad that it’s almost over.
- So, an update: you know how last month I was bitching about the fact that I haven’t heard back from the other school that I applied to? Well I finally heard back from them last week and huzzah! I was accepted! *cue the champagne* Granted, it was a bit of a scramble as I had to immediately contact the other school that had accepted me months in advance in order to withdraw from their programme and accept the new offer. That also meant reapplying for a few other things, which pretty much meant my Friday was over and done with before I even got to work but I’m so happy that they accepted me into their program, they were my number 1 choice to finish my BScN at.
- Benefits of getting into this school? I won’t be at school for five semesters straight and I actually have my summer off! I can go places! *cue the confetti*
- So bad, yeah, I am already sort of ruminating in my head where to go. I actually do want to take a short trip (week tops) during one of my study breaks (likely the winter study break) to go to Amsterdam. Still just brainstorming but if I were to take a week-long trip, that’s pretty much the place I would go to.
- Shouldn’t be thinking about where to travel next so much seeing as I haven’t even sorted through the photos from my Portugal trip!
- Work’s been…work. lol. I have some stretches of days off coming up which is nice. Need a bit of a break, catch up with friends, catch up with projects and whatnot O_o Finishing my poetry book is still languishing there, waiting for me to get around to it #fail I’m clearly good with deadlines *rolls eyes*
- Books I’m currently reading: slowly reading through Justin Cronin’s The Passage–really eerie stuff. Not sure what else to read at the moment as I just recently finished Curtis Sittenfeld’s Eligible and am staring at my TBR pile figuring out what I’m in the mood for. N.K. Jemisin’s The Fifth Season? Neil Gaiman’s Anansi Boys? Ehh, I’ll figure it out after my shift today…Watch it be something totally different from the books I have in mind… Edit: It might be Neil Gaiman’s Anansi Boys after all.
- Omg the fourth and final book in Carlos Ruiz Zafon’s Cemetery of Forgotten Books quartet is coming out in September. It’s been so long I honestly forgot about it :3
- One of my goals is to get all of my favourite books in hardback. A lofty goal, but there’s not that many books on that list actually. And I’m almost done as my hardback of Deborah Harkness’ A Discovery of Witches arrived the other day 🙂
And that’s it from me! How are you? What’s new? Hope you’re having a lovely July! 🙂