This week’s topic: Summer TBR List
It’s been a very long time since I’ve participated in a Top Ten Tuesday list! Figured it was a good time to look at my TBR pile and see what books I hope to get around to this summer 🙂
In no particular order:
- The Interestings by Meg Wolitzer — This book has been on my wishlist for ages and I’m glad I finally got my hands on it last year. This always felt like a summer book to me so I’m hoping to get around to it this summer 🙂
- Miss You by Kate Eberlen — Picked this eBook up on a whim last year. Might give it a shot if I’m in the mood for a lighter read per se.
- Just Watch Me: The Life of Pierre Elliot Trudeau, 1968 – 2000 by John English — Let’s just say I hope to get through this book before the new school year begins. I read the first volume early this year and whilst I really enjoyed reading it, it was quite dense, especially when you’re also studying for pathphysiology and whatnot >_<
- Eligible by Curtis Sittenfeld — This should be a fun read.
- Holding on to Normal: How I Survived Cancer and Made It to the Other Side, Happier, Healthier and Stronger by Alana Somerville — Not exactly a book I’d pick up right of the bat given my line of work but I was sent an ARC of this book so I should get around to reading it. Soon. Ish. We’ll see.
- The Fifth Season by N.K. Jemisin — For a bit of fantasy, I have this book sitting on my TBR pile. I also still have to read her Inheritance trilogy, which always struck me as a book to read during the winter for some reason, so in the meantime I have this book.
- Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman — lol it’s still on my TBR list. Maybe this summer I will finally read it?
- The rest of the Bridgertons books by Julia Quinn — Still have the last four books to read, lol xD Guess I’ve been holding it off as to savour the remainder of the books.
- The Pigeon Tunnel: Stories from my Life by John le Carre — I started reading this a bit before I went on holiday (aka the introduction) but for a change of pace this should make for an interesting read.
- The Passage by Justin Cronin — Got around to picking up this book as I saw the trailer to the tv series. I actually started reading it and it’s been pretty interesting so far!
And that’s my list of books that I hope to tackle this summer! What are you hoping to read this summer? Let me know, I’d love to hear from you! 🙂