Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things they’ve encountered during the week, etc.).
- Is it April 27th yet?
- No, seriously, I’ve been so busy bouncing back and forth between work and school that last week I finally said no, I need to take care of myself too. Last weekend I had no shifts scheduled so I told myself no, I’m not picking up, I’m going to take it easy, I’m going to focus on my homework. Not sure if this is a good sign (in terms of awareness) or a bad sign (that I clearly don’t know what school-work balance is) but there you go. I’m close to losing my mind.
- Of course I say that I’m going to take care of myself and take it easy and then suddenly I’m not 100% okay over the weekend. It wasn’t full-blown not feeling weel but I wasn’t at my best, either. Of course that would happen when it did *rolls eyes*
- I’m also moving units again. It’s confusing for everyone, including myself, at this point and a lot of factors went into the move (again) but I think that’s it for now. No more moving around lol.
- Despite of the stress and whatnot, the no-spend is surprisingly holding. Yay me! 🙂
- Books I’m currently reading right now: I’m still slowly going through John English’s first volume on the life of Prime Minister Pierre Elliot Trudeau (aka the superior Trudeau IMO), been too busy reading other nonfiction that’s school-related to focus my energies on this tome. I’ve started re-reading J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Fellowship of the Ring (review) because I’ve been wanting to re-read LOTR for a long while now and with Tolkien Reading Day coming up this weekend, I figured why not?
- I finally read Agatha Christie’s Murder on the Orient Express! That was quite the read, so glad I finally got around to it 🙂
- Despite my lack of reading as many new books, I have been doing a bit of re-reading. For example, I re-read Kate Clanchy’s poetry collection Samarkand (review) and William Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar (review). Always a wild ride, that play.
- How is it the remainder of the books on my TBR pile are all 500+ page tomes? lol. Kind of hard to pocket that for work, if you know what I mean…
- I’ve got “El Tango de Roxanne” stuck in my head thanks to the following program. Perfection *hearts* I must’ve watched it how many times and it just amazes me every time–their performance, their skill, the emotion:
And that’s it from me! Wishing everyone a lovely week 🙂