Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things they’ve encountered during the week, etc.).
- Back from hiatus (sort of)! I hope everyone is having a lovely January so far and that your Christmas holidays were wonderful 🙂 Mine was, albeit peppered with work (but that’s okay).
- Despite the holidays though, I was so frustrated because of school. They said they kept our holidays intact and yet they placed assignment deadlines on and around Christmas -_-; And after New Year’s of course all the other deadlines started streaming in so I was pretty pissed…And then of course there were exams last week and this week so yeah, I just want this month over with, to be honest.
- Some news right before the New Year: I got a permanent part-time position at my hospital! Yay, no more worrying about where I will nab another temporary part-time and reverting back to a casual status. I’m also heading back to the medical rehab unit, which is also yay but at the same time I’m a bit sad that I didn’t stay at my old unit longer as I really enjoyed working with the other part-timers there. But anyway, onward and upward, right?
- So since January 1st I’ve also been on a no-spend, which has surprisingly held up! lol. Sure, there’s been that moment where I was thinking about something but so far I have been strong, haha (and saved some money along the way). Yeah, there should be a reprieve somewhere for a bit, but in the meantime it’s been good and I’m using a lot of the stuff I have on hand so that’s a plus 🙂
- Remind me the next time I’m offered an overtime shift to make sure I’m not working a day shift the following day? I worked two overtime shifts last month (day/evening) but the second one was brutal, I was dragging myself through the following day shift. Never again (as much as possible), 16 hours is too much for one person x_x
- Unfortunately because I’ve been so busy with schoolwork and mounds of application forms and whatnot, I haven’t gotten around to editing my next poetry collection. I initially wanted to release it in February (heh, does that give you a hint as to what that collection is about?) but yeah, that’s not happening and I don’t want to make a rush job of it. Besides…
- …I’m still promoting my second poetry collection, Of Frost and Fury: Poems Written in the Land of Volcanoes and Giants 🙂 It’s a collection of poetry I had written while I was in Iceland last year, and I had put it together incorporating photos I had taken during the trip. So that was good fun; you can find out more about the process in this post) I had finalised it sometime in the December amidst shifts at work and assignments; coupled with the Christmas holidays, I reckon it went under the radar considerably.
- Books I am currently reading: Robert Ostler’s Empires of the Word: A Language History of the World and Soren Kierkegaard’s Works of Love. Why do I have so many “hefty” books on my TBR pile at the moment? I need something light to read, lol…
- I was sort of catching up in preparing some content here in the blog for the next bit (changes are a-coming; see next week’s January Updates post) but I realised that next month will hit 11 years blogging regularly. I know I say it every year but time truly flies…
- On a final note:
And that’s it from me! Wishing everyone a lovely week 🙂