Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things they’ve encountered during the week, etc.).
- So, shitfest ahoy: my college went on strike mid-last month, right after my Reading Week. As annoyed as I was about school, I’m more annoyed at how this will affect the rest of the school year and into my plans next year. They finally got back to the bargaining table last Thursday but still, that’s about three weeks of schooling gone (and going into the fourth week. That’s a bloody month). So yeah, I am not amused.
- I also had a bit of a headache at work–long story there–but suffice to say I started working back at my home unit again. It’s an adjustment, it’s been a long time since I was there so the patient population changed, and of course there’s a bit of the routine and mindset to get used to again. My schedule at work is also a bit tossed around thanks to the college strike.
- So, kind of pissed off on top of all the other craziness that’s been happening in my life recently: I realised a while ago that my engagement/outreach on my Instagram account, @eclecticreading, dropped considerably early last month. Looks like I’ve been shadowbanned for whatever reason–bloody algorithms–which is a bummer, but quite annoying in that I’m trying to promote my poetry book too, you know? Luckily I found some tips on how to reset my account from that status, made some changes to the way I’m posting and whatnot and now my account is back to normal, thank goodness.
- But I came to the conclusion that when life is crap, just watch this video on Liam Gallagher, it never fails to get a laugh out of me:
Liam Gallagher making tea is the best thing you'll see today. As you were. pic.twitter.com/JaAB0p6Qr2
— BBC Three (@bbcthree) September 20, 2017
- I attended my first pen show last month! I heard about Scriptus from the pen and stationery show I frequent so I went to the event on October 29th with my brother and my mum. I was amazed at how many exhibitors were present and how many people attended! It was so busy, it was hard to maneuver around the salon area and check out properly all the pens and inks and paper laid out! But I had a good time, a little overwhelming, but it was cool, and I picked up some awesome ink along the way, lol.
- Books I am currently reading: I finally properly settled in and started reading Robert Shearman’s Everyone’s Just So So Special; I had stared reading it a few months back but I couldn’t quite get into it so I put it down for a while, read some other books, and only got back to it now. A good time to read it too as I haven’t really been able to stick to a novel lately…I also started reading Frank Herbert’s Heretics of Dune. I thought I wouldn’t get around to reading it because of everything that’s been going on but ehhh, it couldn’t be helped 😉
- It’s that time of year over at GoodReads where you vote for the best books of 2017…And once again I find myself scrolling through the lists, recognising a few titles, but unable to vote because I’m so behind, lol…
- I’m kind of bummed out that I’m not participating in NaNoWriMo this year but there’s just no way I can fit it in. Plus, I’m having a bit of a creative drought right now 🙁 So I guess I’ll just focus on promoting my first poetry book, Shall I Be a Poet Instead (did I mention I’m hosting a giveaway for a copy of this book here on the blog?), as well as getting the final draft done for my other book (fingers crossed!) 🙂
- I am however participating in Sci-Fi Month this month! 😀
- I know it can be a hectic time for everyone, but I’m looking forward to the Christmas season 🙂 And I admit, I’m also pretty relaxed going into this season because I actually already bought most of my Christmas gifts to people already, I just have a few left to pick up and then I’m good :3 But there’s all the Christmas cards I look forward to writing… 😀
And that’s it from me! How is everyone doing? Hope you all have a lovely November 🙂