It’s that time of year again…No, not Christmas (though that’s coming up real soon, isn’t it?), but it’s my birthday, lol. Yeah, I have to say this past year went by pretty quickly, and surprisingly enough with quite a number of big things going on (temporary move/change of status at work, travelling off to Iceland & Denmark earlier this year, going back to school (again), the publication of my first poetry collection). So I’m 31 today (yup, yup, definitely clearing off from my 20s here) and it’s just onward and upward from here.
As some of you know, I’m not big on splashy celebrations and whatnot (although the last few years I’ve noticed I no longer confine my celebrations to the day of but rather spread it out over the course of a week…lmao I didn’t even do anything remotely like this when I was younger!) but as with previous years, I’ve decided to host a wee book giveaway here at my blog featuring some of my favourite reads in the past year 🙂 You have a choice from one of the ten:
- The Noise of Time by Julian Barnes (review)
- Hyperion by Dan Simmons (review forthcoming)
- Any book from Jasper Fforde’s Thursday Next series (see author tag)
- China Rich Girlfriend by Kevin Kwan (review)
- The Love Song of Miss Queenie Hennessey by Rachel Joyce (review)
- Everything Beautiful Began After by Simon van Booy (review)
- Maybe in Another Life by Taylor Jenkins Reid (review)
- Forty Words for Sorrow by Giles Blunt (review)
- Miguel Hernandez’s poetry (review)
- Mur Lafferty’s Six Wakes (review forthcoming)
To enter, just fill out the Rafflecopter below! This giveaway ends on 12 October 2017 at 11:59pm EST and is open internationally so long as The Book Depository delivers to your country. A winner will be chosen and contacted the following day (or thereabouts), so please make sure you enter a valid email address 😉 The winner will be announced on this same post.
Bonne chance! Here’s to the year ahead 😀 Oh, and before I forget, there’s still a bit of time to enter the giveaway I’m hosting at Goodreads for a copy of my debut poetry book, Shall I Be a Poet Instead? You can enter that giveaway over here. That contest closes midnight 🙂