Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things they’ve encountered during the week, etc.).
- Where has August gone? Now that I think about it, where has the summer gone? This summer has been rather odd, to be honest, in some ways it didn’t feel like summer (the weather + not many coworkers on my present unit went on holiday so shifts, whilst a bit more than before, was still sparse compared to last summer). Though I do like cool weather…
- August was fairly busy for me: work picked up a bit, and I also met up with my friends. On the other side of the spectrum, I sort of fell behind with my projects so alas, my second writing project is going to be pushed back a few months. I’m hoping to release it before the end of the year, fingers crossed.
- But in related exciting news, I found out last month that my poetry collection is now available via Amazon/The Book Depository/Barnes & Noble/etc 😀 Feels super legit now, lol.
- Speaking of work, omg is it ever busy on my unit right now x_x Just came off working how many days straight this past weekend (whilst everyone was off holidaying 😛 ) so yay for the break, but alas school starts today for me too 😛 What am I getting myself into? O_o
- I caved last month and bought a Foxy Fix, thinking I’ll be busy to have remembered I even ordered it and it’ll just magically pop up in my mailbox. No, that’s not the case, I keep checking my email to see if it’s shipped and it hasn’t and argh, I needs it noooooooow 🙁
- To pass the time and to keep the motivation going, I’ve started brainstorming where to go on holiday next year, lol. Definitely Europe-bound again but whereabouts depend on my family’s plans for next year as well…
- Books I am currently reading: John Donne’s Collected Poetry, George R.R. Martin’s The Ice Dragon for sure. I think I’ll be settling in with Mur Lafferty’s Six Wakes (starting to get my reading done for this year’s Sci-Fi Month). As I type this post up, I’m still debating what to read during my break…do I go with a classic? A 20th century iterary classic? Bring my eReader and pick up a title from there? Choices, choices…
- Went on a bit of a book buying spree last month. I mean, yay that I’m not buying as frequently as before (I guess because I’ve been so busy and my reading pace has gone down) but when I do buy, it’s by the stacks :3 Oops.
- Time for that seasonal cleaning around again (getting rid of clothes I no longer wear, books on my shelf I will never read again, shred old receipts, etc.). Good times.
- I’m trying to figure out where to eat for my birthday next month (Edit: Oops, forgot to clarify that when I typed out this entry initially). There’s loads of restaurants I want to try, but because my birthday falls on an awkward day of the week (Thursday) and I’m working both the weekend before and the weekend after, it doesn’t give me much leeway as to when to celebrate (in that my whole family is available to partake). We’ll see.
And that’s it from me for now! How’s everyone’s week been going? 🙂