I know I say it every month, but seriously, where has September gone? Granted, it’s been a rather busy month and deadlines are just flinging themselves at me so there’s not much of a breather there…Anywho, here’s what has been going on at my blog for this month:
- Books reviewed this month include: Elena Ferrante’s The Lost Daughter (review), Mhairi McFarlane’s Here’s Looking at You (review), and Kevin Kwan’s China Rich Girlfriend (review). You can check out all the books I’ve reviewed recently in the book review tag.
- For this month’s So You Want to Read…, I focused on English author Ian McEwan. You can check out that post over here. For all my previous recommendations under this feature, check out this tag.
- Earlier this month I also posted my summer reading wrap-up. See what my favourite reads this summer were! 🙂
- For this month I posted one movie review: Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2 (review). You can check out all of the past movies I’ve watched and reviewed in this tag.
- I also had another unboxing post of sorts, my first Foxy Fix No. 2 🙂 You can read all of the previous unboxings and happy mail of all sorts at this tag.
- Earlier this week I also did a non-book feature, talking about planners and asking how you organise yourself. You can check out that post over here.
- Also, just a heads up but I’m hosting a giveaway for my poetry book, Shall I Be a Poet Instead?, over at Goodreads 😉 You can find out more about this debut projet over at this blog post 🙂
And that’s about it for the month of September! Until next time…Wishing everyone a lovely October 🙂
Another Viscount in Love (The Originals #3.5)
By: Vivienne Lorret
Format/Source: eBook; my purchase
As the toast of the ton, Samuel Wortham, Viscount Ellery, should have no trouble finding a wife. Yet each lady he pursues ends up married to another. As a last hope, Sam plans a house party, intending to choose a bride from one of his guests. But when he encounters a raven-haired beauty by his estate’s pond, he’s captivated by her charm and desperate to see her again.
A quiet trip to the country is just what Gemma Desmond needs to take her mind off marriage. After all, as the daughter of a notorious criminal, her prospects seem quite grim. The last thing she expects is a chance meeting with a handsome lord and an invitation to his lavish house party. Ellery is everything she hoped for in a husband. But can she ever escape the stigma of her father’s misdeeds?
When a pair of conniving debutantes frame her for theft, Gemma has her answer. Unwilling to let her scandalous reputation taint the kind, honorable man she adores, she flees. Yet Ellery isn’t about to give her up. He might be just another viscount in love, but he refuses to let this potential bride slip through his fingers
I was so excited when I learned that Vivienne Lorret was coming out with another Originals story. I really enjoyed the last one–enjoyed them all, in fact–and as there aren’t really any historical romances in my radar at the moment–or really on my TBR pile (until I bought this and a novel by Mary Balogh)–this novella came out at the perfect time 🙂
The Quiet Gentleman
By: Georgette Heyer
Format/Source: eBook; my purchase
Returning to his family seat from Waterloo, Gervase Frant, seventh Earl of St Erth, could have expected more enthusiasm for his homecoming. His quiet cousin, stepmother, and young half-brother seem openly disappointed that he survived the wars.
And when he begins to fall for his half-brother’s sweetheart, his chilly reception goes from unfriendly to positively murderous.
It’s been a while since I’ve read something by Georgette Heyer so here we are, remedying the matter 🙂 Not much to say except that this book has long been on my radar of Georgette Heyer novels to pick up and read and seeing as my TBR when it comes to her bibliography is dwindling down, now was a good time to read it.
Just a heads up that I am currently hosting a giveaway over at Goodreads for a chance to win a signed copy of my debut poetry collection, Shall I Be a Poet Instead? (see my first post about this) 🙂 This is my first time hosting a giveaway via Goodreads so I’m starting out a bit small, just to see how it goes. The giveaway is currently open to Canadian and US residents–sorry, international readers! But not to fret; I plan on hosting a giveaway here sometime in the near future so keep your eyes peeled here on my blog 😉
Giveaway runs from 26 September to 06 October 2017. Best of luck!
The new school year is in full-swing and like many, I too am back to school for this academic school year. As I was organising myself and jotting down my dates, an idea came to me to post about my planners a bit. If you’re following me on Instagram, you know that I’m big on stationery, stickers, washi tape, fountain pens, inks, the whole nine yards. Occasionally I do post what goes in my agendas and planners but I decided to just share a bit today about what I have on the go. Prepare for images galore 😛
Right now I have four agendas/planners on the go. Don’t ask me how I accumulated to four, I clearly cannot restrain myself when it comes to finding a planner that just screams for me to pick up 😛 But they all have different uses. First up is my Peter Pauper Press planner. I’ve used agendas from these guys on and off for years; gives me just enough space in the weeklies to write what I need to get done.
As always, you can click on the images to enlarge and read more about them: