And here we are, at the end of summer. Not that it’s been much of a summer on my end, in that I was working the whole summer but also in that the weather on my end has been a lot cooler (not that I’m complaining! It was disgustingly humid in previous years). Anyhow, what has been going on at my blog for the month of August…
- Books reviewed this month include: Tove Jansson’s The Summer Book (review), Gabriel Garcia Marquez’s Of Love and Other Demons (review), and Georgette Heyer’s The Quiet Gentleman (review). You can check out all the books I’ve reviewed recently in the book review tag.
- No ARCs were reviewed this month! You can check out all of the ARCs I’ve read and reviewed to date in this tag.
- For this month’s So You Want to Read…, I focused on (surprise, surprise) Latin American author Gabriel Garcia Marquez. You can check out that post over here. For all my previous recommendations under this feature, check out this tag.
- I also posted a couple of movie reviews (*le gasp*): Captain America: Civil War (review), Logan (review), and John Wick: Chapter Two (review). You can check out all of the past movies I’ve watched and reviewed in this tag.
- Another month, another unboxing (don’t think this will be a regular thing as I’ve got nothing slated for next month, but it’s a nice change of pace). Earlier I previewed my July subscription to Stickii Club; you can see all the pretty over at this post. For previous subscription boxes I’ve featured here, please see this tag.
By the way, I’m a little miffed that Photobucket changed their policy (by the looks of it–didn’t bother logging in over there) regarding linking out, so now a lot of my old posts feature the ugly Photobucket signage and I’m too arsed to bother going back and seeing what needs to be reuploaded right now *shrugs* So yes, apologies if you do run across it quite a bit–definitely there should be a lack of it in the recent posts.
Anyhow, wishing you all a lovely September and a great long weekend! 🙂