Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things they’ve encountered during the week, etc.).
- So last month I finally posted photos from my trip. Yay! 😀 Of course, that’s not the end of pouring over my travel photos as I am planning on using some of them for an upcoming project (ooh, spoilers) 😉
- Speaking of projects, I finally released my debut poetry collection, Shall I Be a Poet Instead? It’s pretty surreal and a relief to finally launch that baby into the world…It’ll be a little while longer before it shows up at Amazon.com and the like but for now it’s available for purchase at Lulu.com 🙂
- Whilst it was a little surreal to finally be talking about and sharing my work in public, it really hit me a few days after when my GoodReads profile changed. Feels pretty legit now, haha :3
- I think I found my summer jam:
Though this song might also be my summer jam; I didn’t quite get why people LOVED Lorde when her first album came out, I liked maybe one or two songs but listening to her second album and going back to the first one…yeah, I dig it, lol.
- Otherwise, my July was okay. Started dealing with stuff for September and the programme that I will be entering then (a bit of a pain in the butt, but anyway). Work has been okay, busy and a bit stressful (okay, understatement of the year, that last bit, but anyhow). The weather thankfully hasn’t been like a consistent heatwave like last year (though last week was disgusting, omg). Unfortunately we received some sad news in the family so July all-in-all has been a rollercoaster of emotions.
- Books I am currently reading: I’ve started reading Dan Simmons’ Hyperion whenever I’m on break at work; it’s pretty interesting, I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to get around to reading it. I also started reading Simon van Booy’s The Secret Lives of People in Love 🙂
- Like almost every year now I have not read any of the books on the Man Booker Prize 2017 longlist. Yikes.
- Yaaaaaasssss I finally own all of Simon van Booy’s fiction. Exciting stuff 😀
- In my last bookish & not-so-bookish post I talked about that passport TN that I had and didn’t know what to use it for. Well, I ended up giving it to my mum, who wanted one anyway, because I bought another regular TN, this time in camel. The leather one remains my everyday but the camel one houses my long-term planning stuff…and my washi samples at present 😛
- I’m thinking of making a post here one of these days about my enthusiasm for fountain pens, paper, and inks. Anyone else just as enthuasistic about these things as I am? 😀
And that’s it from me for now! How’s everyone’s week been going? 🙂