Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We’d love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
This week’s topic: Summer Reads Freebie
I’m going to use this opportunity to talk about the books I hope to tackle this summer 😀
In no particular order:
- Wise Man’s Fear by Patrick Rothfuss — I finished re-reading The Name of the Wind earlier this year. Seriously, there’s nothing really stopping me from reading this book now. Well, except maybe my rather large TBR queue at the moment.
- Reconstructing Amelia by Kimberly McCreight — I always associate summer with reading faster reads–thrillers, contemporary rom-com kind of reads. This seems like the perfect summer read to settle into.
The Perfect Girl by Gilly Macmillan— Ditto as the previous listing’s reason. Update: Never mind, I actually read this book recently 😛
- Maybe in Another Life by Taylor Jenkins Reid — I’d been eyeing this book forever so may this summer is the summer to read it?
- The Summer Book by Tove Jansson — The title of this book says it all, lol.
- 300 Days of Sun by Deborah Lawrenson — Another book whose title just screams summer xD
- The Quiet Gentleman by Georgette Heyer — I think I listed this book under my spring TBR list and I never got around to it. So maybe this summer?
- Do Not Say We Have Nothing by Madeleine Thien — Ditto as the above, I didn’t get around to reading it this past spring.
- China Rich Girlfriend by Kevin Kwan — Another book that just seems perfect for these summer days…
- The Book of Twentieth-Century Italian Poetry — For a dose of poetry AND translated texts 🙂
And that’s my list for this week! Have you read any of these? Plan on reading any of these?