Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things they’ve encountered during the week, etc.).
- Yes, I am back, lol. Spent a busy two weeks at the end of April/first week of May in Iceland and Denmark. I still have yet to really go through my photos but I will post about my adventures over there at some point…soon xP But yeah, it was pretty busy, from going toe-to-toe with Mother Nature in Iceland to visiting every palace I could in Denmark to combatting a variety of health mishaps towards the end of my trip (I only started recovering from my cold when I got back ;_;). But all in all I had a good time 😀
Sorry for the size of these embeddings, I’m too lazy to look at the script code on how to make them smaller…
- If I have time this summer, I would like to reorganise my “Travel” category a bit. It’s not visible right now under my categoris section but a few years ago I did have that category on public featuring all my previous adventures around namely Italy. Good ol’ days 🙂
- So, back to reality. My first shift back last week was a bit rocky as there was a turnover with almost two-thirds of the patient population on my unit so I was getting to learn a whole number of them all over again. I’m getting a bit more shifts again, but I’ve also been busy catching up and running errands so there’s that. Fun times are over, lol.
- But in happier news two major boxes I’d been waiting for arrived! 😀 Pictures and general squeeing can be found over here xD
- Speaking of writing material and going back to my travels, I posted on my Instagram recently how I used my Midori traveller’s notebook for that trip. I think I posted last year that I got a Midori TN for my birthday in the anticipation of using it for this trip. And let’s just say it was well used 😀 I thought you might find it interesting if you’re into taking sneak peek at people’s notebooks 😉
- So back to reality and back to getting on track about my poetry collection. Ugh, I have the draft completed, it’s just preparing a proper pdf file to get it printed ;_; It’d be nice to get a proof copy done soon before I start working on a new project that I’m pretty excited to put together…
- Sailor Moon washi tape. Need I say more? 😛
- Books I’m currently reading: Robert Harris’ Conclave. I just finished reading Paula Hawkins’ The Girl on the Train yesterday and omg, can I say that was a rather stressful read? Just reading it from the perspective of those characters, oh my…Anyway, I’m still deciding as to what book to read next from my TBR pile: Georgette Heyer’s The Quiet Gentleman? One of Joseph Boyden’s books? Another thriller perhaps?
- Book haul from my trip. I’m still amazed I was able to squeeze all that stuff into my luggage!
- And the notebook fiend strikes again! As if I don’t have enough notebooks just sitting there waiting to be used (like my TBR pile just sitting there waiting for me to read them all).
And that’s about it! How’s everyone’s week/month been going? Happy hump day! 😛