Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We’d love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
This week’s topic: Ten Books I Read in One Sitting
Haha I kinda love this week’s topic as there’s been some great books that I’ve read in the past that I’ve read in one sitting (either because it was slim enough or I just couldn’t put it down once I started reading it xD).
In no particular order:
- The Love Song of Miss Queenie Hennessy by Rachel Joyce — My review of this book won’t be going live until May, I believe, but I more or less read this book in the day: I could not stop reading about Queenie Hennessy’s story, it was so compelling and beautiful and heartbreaking.
- Victoria by Daisy Goodwin (review) — Oh man, I could not put this book down, I read it in one evening.
- Love, Rosie by Cecilia Ahern (review) — I remember reading the bulk of this book in one afternoon, I just needed to know how things turned out for all of the characters involved.
- You Had Me At Hello by Mhairi McFarlane (review) — I was trying to savour this as much as possible but ended up reading it in a day, I had to find out how things would turn out for Rachel and Ben and all of Rachel’s friends xD
- Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire (review) — Granted, it is a novella, but a compelling and fascinating one at that.
- Colonel Brandon’s Diary by Amanda Grange (review) — COLONEL BRANDON, YOU PRECIOUS CUPCAKE. Could not put this book down, I was grinning like a madman at the end.
- Fifteen Dogs by Andre Alexis (review) — I read this book in one evening, finishing in the early hours of morning. I could not put this book down, it was amazing and compelling and thoughtful and just…yeah, you need to read this book if you haven’t already.
- The Bands of Mourning by Brandon Sanderson (review) — I think I almost always read his books in one sitting :3
- The Bookseller by Cynthia Swanson (review) — Another one of those books I couldn’t put down once I started reading it…
- Fortunately, the Milk by Neil Gaiman (review) — Haha, no surprise there, but it’s such a fun read 😀
And that’s my list for this week! What books have you read in one sitting? Have you read any of the above books I listed? Let me know, I’d love to check out your list!