Geez, where has the month gone? But in a way I’m relieved because that means that it’s soon autumn weather over here and I’m so done with 30+ degrees Celcius weather with humidex. Anyway, I’ve been sort of busy with work and stuff–weird schedules and all–but as always it’s been busy here on the blog. Here’s what has been going on around here for the month of August:
- Books reviewed this month include: Kate Atkinson’s Life After Life (review), Kelley Armstrong’s Omens (review), and Federick Backman’s A Man Called Ove (review). You can check out all the books I’ve reviewed recently in the book review tag.
- One ARC was reviewed this month: Joseph Kessel’s The Crew (review). You can check out all of the ARCs I’ve read and reviewed to date in this tag.
- One movie was reviewed this month, Studio Ghibli’s Only Yesterday (review). You can check out all of the movies I’ve reviewed in the past in this tag.
- My article for the July/August issue of Femnista is live! The theme is everything William Shakespeare, and I opted to focus on his historical play Richard II (review) 😉 There’s been some changes to the publication recently, all of which you can find out about along with a link to my article in this post.
- For this month’s So You Want to Read…, I recommended books by Carlos Ruiz Zafon, one of my favourite authors. Fun fact: I had initially scheduled it for last month but opted to focus instead on Canadian authors. But here is my CRZ post now! 🙂 For all my previous recommendations under this feature, check out this tag.
And that’s about it from me for the month of August! Wishing you all a wonderful week and a wonderful September ahead, and to my fellow American and Canadian readers a happy long weekend 🙂