Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We’d love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
This week’s topic: Freebie Week
Yay, freebie week! Well, for this freebie TTT I’ve decided to focus on Ten Books On My Summer TBR List 🙂 I’ve gone back on a book buying ban so I’m hoping to make a considerale dent on my TBR pile in the next few months. I didn’t list any classics in the following list below, but I hope to get around to a few I’ve been meaning to read (I’m just not entirely sure which ones just yet 🙂 ). Anyway, in no particular order:
- The Storms of War by Kate Williams — This book comes highly recommended but I put off reading it until the summer because it just seems like a summer read. Must be the book cover’s doing 😉
- Vanessa and Her Sister by Priya Parmar — One of the more recently historical fiction titles, it focuses on Stephen siblings, namely Vanessa Bell and Virginia Woolf. Should be an interesting read as it looks at the artist community from the Edwardian period.
- The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah — I finally got my hands on this a short time ago. I heard so many good things about it, I’m glad to finally be getting around to reading it…soon-ish
- The Perfume Garden by Kate Lord Brown — Part of the story is set in Valencia, Spain, which instantly places itself in my summer TBR list 😀 On a semi-related note, this is shaping up to be a historical fiction summer, isn’t it? 😉
- The Frozen Heart by Almudena Grandes — Is this the year that I finally read this book? It’s one of the books that has been sitting on my TBR pile the longest…
- Dreams of Distant Shores by Patricia A. McKillip — For something magical and different in this mix of hefty (but very interesting) reads 😀
- The Betrothed by Alessandro Manzoni — On the classic literature spectrum, is this the year that I finally tackle this Italian classic? Bonus incentive: I got the I got the Pocket Penguins edition of this book 🙂
- The Lake House by Kate Morton — Speaking of putting books off, oops, again I didn’t get around to reading this book last season (I just haven’t been in the mood…and bloody hell is the hardback heavy to read in bed). Maybe this summer?
- The Silkworm and Career of Evil by Robert Galbraith — Now that I have both books in my possession, I’ll just book binge it sometime in the next few months.
And those are just some of the books I hope to tackle this summer! What books are on your summer TBR queue (or winter, depending where in the world you are)?