Eclectic Ponderings is a new feature here on eclectictales.com in which I pose questions to readers and fellow bloggers on a variety of subjects (hence its eclecticism) that I can’t fit in any other blog post.
Oh, hey, look, another one of these posts 😛 I was initially going to post these questions in my latest Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts post but decided to place my questions here instead 🙂
- I’ve been in a crime mystery/drama kick lately and whilst I have a few sitting on my TBR pile–Robert Galbraith/JK Rowling’s The Silkworm and Career of Evil, Donna Leon’s Death at La Fenice–I was wondering if you guys could recommend me any other authors/titles to check out? I’ve read the spectrum, I think (Scandi noir, historical mysteries), so the sky’s the limit!
- Repeating this question from last time: I haven’t read anything by Eloise James yet but I heard great things about her books. I have The American Duchess on the wishlist but I as wondering where else to start…Which book(s) would you recommend I start with?
- To those who have read Elena Ferrante’s standalones, which book was your favourite: The Days of Abandonment, Troubled Love, or The Lost Daughter? I plan on reading all three eventually but I’m debating as to which one to check out first…
- Has anyone read Kristin Hannah’s Winter Garden? I almost picked it up but decided to wait on it and think it over. Yay/nay/no rush?
- And finally: when travelling outside the city/outside the country, would you rather bring a chunkster of a physical book or an eReader?
And that’s about all the thoughts I have for this round of Eclectic Ponderings! If you have any thoughts about the above questions, I’d love to hear from you 🙂