April, April, you came and now you’re leaving. At least the weather’s finally getting nicer and I got to wear some nice spring clothes again? 🙂 Regardless of the weather, the blog was pretty busy:
- Books reviewed this month include: Ilana C. Myer’s Last Song Before Night (review), Andre Alexis’ Fifteen Dogs (review), and Cynthia Swanson’s The Bookseller (review). You can check out all the books I’ve reviewed recently in the book review tag.
- Two ARC were reviewed this month: Gaito Gazdanov’s The Flight (review) and Ashley Hay’s The Railwayman’s Wife (review). You can check out all of the ARCs I’ve read and reviewed to date in this tag.
- Several movies were reviewed/posted about this month: The Martian (review), the 1968 adaptation of Romeo and Juliet (review), and the 1996 adaptation of Romeo and Juliet (review). You can check out all of the movies I’ve read and reviewed in the past in this tag.
- Also in conjunction with the 400th death anniversary of William Shakespeare, I also watched and reviewed two stage adaptations done by The Globe: one for As You Like It (review) and one for All’s Well That Ends Well (review). You can check out all of the theatre adaptations I’ve watched and reviewed in this tag.
- I also compiled a list of Shakespeare characters that I found most memorable. And participated in the Shakespeare Awards hosted by the Orang-utan Librarian.
- For this month’s So You Want to Read…, I focused on Poetry round 2 in conjunction with National Poetry Month. You can check out my recommendations in this post as well as my first batch of recommenations over here. For all my previous recommendations under this feature, check out this tag.
- On a final note, to anyone who is interested: series 4 of Orphan Black has started but unlike previous years, I won’t be making batch posts recapping the episodes. Instead I will make just one general post about the season when it is over (as I don’t have time right now to do the batch episodes and scheduling my posts this year has been rather, err, advanced). So stay tuned with that!
And that’s about it from me for the month! How was your April? Wishing everyone a lovely May! 🙂