Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We’d love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
This week’s topic: Ten Books On My Spring TBR
Ahh, spring. New season means new TBR reading pile! 🙂
In no particular order:
- Kate Atkinson’s Life After Life — This book showed up on my winter TBR list and goodness knows how many times before that…And I’ll keep adding it to these seasonal TBR lists until I read it 😛 (Though preferrably soon so that I can read A God of Ruins which has been longlisted for this year’s Baileys Prize)
- Anne Girard’s Madame Picasso — This always felt like a spring read for me, hence why I didn’t quite get around to it late last year. Perhaps this is the season I’ll read it?
- Alina Bronsky’s The Hottest Dishes of Tartar Cuisine — I had been eyeing this book for quite some time now so I was pleased to finally get my hands on it last year. I’m greatly looking forward to reading this!
- Kate Mosse’s The Taxidermist’s Daughter — I only have this book of hers left to read. This book sounds absolutely intriguing and Gothic…like Hannah Kent’s Burial Rites (review) but set in England. Can’t wait to read this one too! 🙂
- Kameron Hurley’s The Mirror Empire — I’ve had this fantasy novel on my TBR pile for a long while now. After reading a short story of hers more recently (which I greatly enjoyed btw!), I figured it’s time to bump it up the reading list 🙂
- Emmuska Orczy’s The Scarlet Pimpernel — I have a ton of classics sitting on my TBR list waiting to be read. Unfortunately most of them are some 400+ pages and one honestly has to be in the mood and the mindset to tackle such a chunkster. Thankfully this one is on the shorter end of the page count so I’ll likely start here 🙂
- Robert Galbraith’s The Silkworm — Another book I listed on my winter TBR list last year but never got around to reading. With my pre-order of Career of Evil shipping sometime in the next few weeks, I reckon I’ll just binge through the two books 😛
- Garth Nix’s Clariel — I’ve been slowly making my way to re-reading the first Abhorsen trilogy in preparation to read this book. I should be done soonish so when I do, I’ll be reading this one! 😀
- Percy Bysshe Shelley’s Major Works — I also think I’ll be slowly chipping away at this massive collection of Shelley’s poems (well, mostly his poems anyway) sometime this spring, just for a change of pace from the above reads…
- Kate Morton’s The Lake House — I thought I could get around to reading this book in January/February but other books butted in before this one (to be fair this book is some 500 pages strong). I always associate Kate Morton with the spring time so it seems like a good time to read this book 🙂
And those are the list of books on my spring TBR queue! What are you planning to read this spring (or autumn, depending where in the world you are)? 🙂