Happy New Year! I hope everyone is off to a great start with 2016 🙂 It was a bit hectic earlier this month for me, partly on the technical side of the blog, partly offline and taking my board exam, but all is well 🙂 (more on stuffs next week when I post my Bookish & Not-So-Bookish post 😉 )
So interesting this about this month’s activity on my blog, which is going to be the case for the first quarter of the year: all of the reviews featured were from books I read late last year. You may remember me mentioning at one point that my blogging schedule had spilled over to 2016, so here we are 😛 (This will actually continue until…*whispers* the end of April (more or less) *blushes* With some notable exceptions of course (namely eARCs and Brandon Sanderson’s books)
- Books reviewed this month include: David Mitchell’s The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet (review), Susanna Kearsley’s Named of the Dragon (review), and Julia Quinn’s Romancing Mister Bridgerton (review). You can check out all the books I’ve reviewed recently in the book review tag.
- One ARC review was posted this month, Federico de Roberto’s The Viceroys (review). You can check out all of the ARCs I’ve read and reviewed in this tag.
- One movie was reviewed this month, The Man From U.N.C.L.E. (review). You can check out all of the movies I’ve reviewed in this tag.
- For this month’s So You Want to Read…, I decided to feature Sarah Addison Allen. I’ve pretty much read all of her books to date save for her latest, First Frost (which from the premise I wouldn’t have included in this list anyhow so we’re safe), so yeah, if you’re interested in checking out her books, my recommendations can be found in this post. over here. For all my previous recommendations under this feature, check out this tag.
- On the technical side of things, the blog did experience a bit of downtime earlier this month; I do apologise if you were trying to access the blog later in the week of January 11th, I think it had something to do with a plugin update that didn’t mesh well with my other plugins that were active. It was a good time to prompt me to clean out and reorganise, which I’m slowy getting around to doing (in conjunction to some of my New Year resolutions for the blog 😛 ).
And that’s about it from me for the first month of 2016! Not much going on here other than catching up on book reviews from last year, really. I do have some bookish resolutions that I hope to fulfill this year so fingers crossed! Meanwhile, be sure to stick around next month as it’s going to be my blog’s 9th blogoversary 😀 Wow how time flies!
I suppose I should warn you–and I admit, it seemed like a good time to do it as Valentine’s Day (-_-) is next month–but about two-thirds of my book reviews next month are going to feature historical romance titles. Don’t say you weren’t warned 😉
Anyway, how was your January? Have a wonderful weekend! 🙂