Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We’d love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
This week’s topic: Top Ten Books On My Autumn TBR
Seems straightforward enough 😛 In no particular order:
- David Mitchell’s The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet — I must’ve put this book on my seasonal TBR lists how many times in the last few years? Perhaps I should make it a priority to read it this time around!
- Darragh McKeon’s All That Is Solid Melts Into Air — Another book I believe was on a previous seasonal TBR list and that I didn’t get around to reading. This feels like the perfect autumn read though, so perhaps I will get around to reading it this time around 😉
- Kelley Armstrong’s Cainsville series — I have Omens and Visions on my TBR queue on my eReader so I think I’ll be getting around to it sometime this autumn. Seems like the perfect read around Hallowe’en, actually…
- Cecilia Ekback’s Wolf Winter — It’s more like a winter read, actually, but with the paperback coming out in the autumn (2 November, to be exact) I was actually approved an eARC on NetGalley so yeah, will be getting around to this book
sometime in the next few weeksnow (Edit: started reading this book over the weekend, lol :3) 🙂
- Viola di Grado’s The Hollow Heart — After reading Elena Ferrante’s L’amico geniale books (see author tag), I’m in need of more Italian literature. I’ve heard wonderful things about this author so yeah, hopefully I’ll get around to this book soon 🙂
- Marisha Pessl’s Night Film — I believe this book was on my TBR list last autumn and yeah, never got around to reading it. This year, perhaps? Seems like another great title to read around Hallowe’en, actually…
- Ann Leckie’s Ancillary Sword — I read Ancillary Justice (review) last year and absolutely loved it, so yeah, I’ll be reading the second book in the trilogy for Sci-Fi Month this year 🙂
- Duala O’Connor’s Miss Emily — I won a copy of this book a short time ago and heard so many good things about it so I hope to read it real soon 🙂
- Laini Taylor’s Daughter of Smoke and Bone — I kept seeing this book in other people’s blogs and lists every so often that I became rather curious about it and finally checked it out for Kobo. For a change of pace I’ll probably read this book.
- Hannu Rajaniemi’s The Fractal Prince — I read the first book in the trilogy, The Quantum Thief (review) two years ago and thought it was really fascinating. I recently picked up the second book and yeah, it’s going to be read for Sci-Fi Month 🙂
And that’s my list of books for this week! What books are on your TBR list this autumn/spring?