Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things they’ve encountered during the week, etc.).
- You know what’s really cool? Book-related desktop wallpapers from Pop! Goes the Reader 🙂 They’re very cute!
- Again, a lot of books came my way last month 😀 Someone restrain me!
- Last month I mentioned how I was waiting forever to get my order of Penguin Little Black Classics. Well, I finally got a hold of some of them, hurray 😀 They’re so cute, you could just pat them on the cover or something, haha.
- Books I am currently reading: Still reading The Complete Father Brown Stories but I’ve also started reading the Dylan Thomas Omnibus and re-reading Jonathan Saran Foer’s Everything Is Illuminated at placement. I also may or may not have started reading N.K. Jemisin’s The Killing Moon 😉
- I’ve been so busy and trying to get through other books (not to mention nominee titles from other years) that I totally forgot that the Man Booker Prize longlist for 2015 was released last week! Interesting list this year; surprise, surprise I actually read a book from the list, Laila Lalami’s The Moor’s Account (review). As always I don’t think I’m going to get around to any of the other titles before the shortlist is announced but I’m guessing Hanya Yanagihara’s A Little Life is worth checking out? (lots of people were reading this book earlier this year)
- Another fun quiz I came across from my Twitter feed: Which Romantic Poet Are You? I got Samuel Taylor Coleridge, whom I never read any poetry from (so far the only Romantic poets I’ve read are Keats, Shelley…oh, and a bit of Byron. So I got Coleridge left from the quartet, yes?)
- I found out about this site from IGGPPC: Chanrio.com. I plan on posting my Chanrio somewhere on the blog shortly (maybe later today?)
- Oh my gosh, it’s been so hot these last few weeks -_-; I’m so ready for it to be winter again.
- The Pan Am Games are over and done with here–I sadly missed the football and rugby events but caught the tail-end of the competitions on the television–and now there’s talk of us putting a bit for the 2024 Summer Olympics. I don’t know how I feel about this -_-; I’m also still sore that because of the Pan Am we didn’t get to host any of the Women’s World Cup matches =/ (let alone any chances of us hosting the Men’s)
- I don’t know if you guys know this, but I’m pretty big on instrumental/classical music: Ludovico Einaudi, Max Ritcher, Fabrizio Paterlini, Olafur Arnalds, etc. I recently bought Peter Gregson’s album Lights in the Sky and I am absolutely in love with it:
And that’s about it for me! How was everyone’s July? Hope everyone is having a good week 🙂