Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things they’ve encountered during the week, etc.).
- You probably saw me tweeting a lot last month about this Kickstarter project for Restless Classics’ 400th Anniversary Edition of Don Quixote. I’m so happy it got funded as this edition looks really cool.
- A lot of books came my way last month 😀
- I ordered a number of Penguin’s Little Black Classics some time ago and Amazon’s telling me (as well as Indigo) that there’s no shipment date and it looks like they’re all sold out. When will my books ever arrive? *pouts at her computer screen to see if the status will change*
- Speaking of orders, the first photo happened a few weeks ago. So excited to read Elena Ferrante’s books soon-ish; heard so many wonderful things about it–and some fantastic quotes from the books floating around–and it’s always nice to read more books from Italian authors 🙂 We’ll see when I’ll be getting around to reading them; my brain’s thinking August after my clinical placement is completed, but I might get impatient and start reading it this month 😛
- Funny thing happened recently: I’m a fan of D.J. McIntosh’s Mesopotamian trilogy and enjoyed the first two books, The Witch of Babylon and The Book of Stolen Tales. I was wondering recently if and when the last book was going to be released and lo and behold while browsing one of the book retailer websites I found out that the last book in the trilogy, The Angel of Eden, was released just recently! I ordered a copy so fast, lmao 😛 Need to complete the trilogy! (this has been a good year of completing trilogies and series, I think)
- Books I’m reading right now: The Poetry of Pablo Neruda (talked about it last month and finally purchased a copy) and Julie Schumacher’s Dear Committee Members. I’m also still reading G.K. Chesterton’s The Complete Father Brown Stories.
- I mentioned it earlier this week but I’m so happy that June is over and done with. It was probably the busiest month because most of my tests fell onto that month (long story) and thus spent most of the month exhausted and honestly on the cranky side =S I may have also gained a few pounds from all the junk food I was munching on while studying :3 But it’s over and done with, I only have one test this month and continuing along with my consolidation placement…
- I’m not fond of summer and hot weather but the weather we’ve been getting this past month isn’t so great either: lots of rain and it’s a lot colder than I expected. I broke out my comforter again a few days ago because it was that cold O_o
- I think I’m one of a few people on my Twitter feed following the Women’s FIFA World Cup. Kinda bummed my city isn’t hosting some of the tournaments thanks to the Pan Am Games starting this month but yeah, ugh, gutted that Canada didn’t progress out of the quarters ;_; But the support has been fantastic for the team, which is <333
- I’m off this weekend (hurray!) so I’m hoping to get some work done with my writings. They’ve been sitting fairly neglected for the last month (though I managed to squeeze some editing in last week). I’m just so tired after coming back from clinical and my mornings usually get used up reviewing for tests ;_;
And that’s about it for me! How was everyone’s June? To all my Canadian readers, I hope you had a lovely Canada Day and to all my American readers, a Happy Fourth of July weekend! Happy weekend to everyone 🙂