Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things they’ve encountered during the week, etc.).
- So my birthday was last Sunday, haha. It was a quiet celebration, as always; I think the highlight was the box of strawberry tarts that we had 😀 I also finally got around to watching Taken, which means I can now freely reference lines from that movie having actually seen it (I made a reference to it one time to my best friend; alas, she didn’t get it) 😛
- Other things going on in my life: school is busy. I don’t know why, but it seems like I have a lot more assignments/things going on for my classes than in previous semesters O_o I had two tests this week, which is probably why I’m so grumpy about it, lol! Clinical is also busy but I like my placement and I’m learning/utilising a lot.
- This is pretty cool: Aerial views of Europe taken from a drone
- Also, I really love this video from a few weeks ago: Manuel Neuer, never change 🙂
- I won a gift certificate to GoneReading.com from The Parchment Girl back in August but I didn’t get around to using it until recently. I got this lovely leather book jacket & a bookmark, which arrived last week. It’s quite pretty, the only drawback is that it fits perfectly with the UK-sized paperbacks (and Penguin Classics, as far as I can tell) but not the North American sized ones xD Nonetheless, me likes
- Okay, there’s been a lot of talk about this in recent weeks, so I have to ask…Is anyone here on Ello? 😛 If so, thoughts so far?
- Has anyone ever done a clean-up of their friends list on GoodReads? I’m aslo thinking of doing it…
- I’m usually a little more prompt about reading for blog tours but I’ve only started reading Sherry Jones’ The Sharp Hook of Love now. Granted, my day for featuring this book isn’t for another two weeks, but I feel like I’m cutting it a bit close anyway *shrugs* *has a thing with reading things by a certain date*
- As if having a large to-read pile isn’t enough, I also have a list now called “priority reading” within that to-read list xP It’s come to that, especially as I received a number of ARCs some time ago + I’m planning out book reviews to be featured in next month’s Sci-Fi Month. Good times xD (Sneak preview: Ann Leckie’s Ancillary Justice? Amazing)
- I’ve started prepping for NaNoWriMo with help of The Plot Whisperer Workbook. It’s actually really helpful with plotting out events and characters arcs and stuff; I’m going to use it when I revise the other writing project that I finished earlier this year. Who here is participating in NaNoWriMo this year? 🙂
And that’s about it for me! How was your week? Also, a Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Canadians!!!
Hope you have a wonderful long weekend! (you know I will ;))