Whoops! December was such a busy month that I never got around to posting up some updates from around the blog! Well, here we are again. Can’t believe the first month of 2014 has already gone by!
Not my gif (as always)
- Read a number of great books this month including Helene Wecker’s The Golem and the Jinni (review), W. Somerset Maugham’s The Painted Veil (review) and Merimee Prosper’s Carmen (review). You can check out all the books I’ve reviewed recently in the book review tag.
- Meanwhile I’ve finally cleared out my Netgalley and Edelweiss queue! Read and reviewed Charles Lambert’s The View from the Tower (review), Robin Oliveira’s I Always Loved You (review), Vivien Shotwell’s Vienna Nocturne (review) and Atiq Rahimi’s A Curse on Dostoevsky (review). You can read all of the reviews of the ARCs I’ve read in this tag.
- I participated in a book blog tour earlier this month for Heather Webb’s debut novel, Becoming Josephine (post). It was quite a read!
- The Way of Kings Read-Along also started this month! It’s a great way to revisit the world of Roshar, especially as the second novel in the series is coming out in a few months 🙂 You can follow my answers through this tag; if you want to participate, please follow the links at the start of my posts. Be sure to stick around as there will be a giveaway for the titles!
- I’m also hosting 3 Reading Challenges this year and they’ve all kicked off (one of them was even featured over at Book Riot, which was really cool): Everything Espana, A Year of Re-Reading and 2014 Shakespeare Reading Challenge. Feel free to sign up, help spread the word! Happy reading 🙂
- Sort of catching up with television a bit. For example, finally got around to watching series 1 of Broadchurch (review). Excellent, excellent series. Cannot recommend it enough!
So, what about moving forward into February? What is there to expect? Well, quite a bit actually:
- Book blog tours for Will Bashor’s Marie Antoinette’s Head: The Royal Hairdresser, The Queen, And The Revolution and Nick Cutter’s The Troop. Be sure to stick around for both because there’s some awesome things accompanying my reviews of both novels 🙂
- My blogoversary. Every year I more or less forget to post about it–maybe because I never really thought about celebrating it, partly because I’m too busy making sure I renewed my webspace, lol. But I am celebrating it this year (or at least making a point to remember to do so?). In what way, I’m not sure yet…stick around though!
- I am going to be a wee bit busy this month as things are picking up offline with my classes (boo, tests).
- The January/February issue of Femnista will be coming out tomorrow! Be sure to check it out (had a lot of fun writing my contributing article for that issue)
And that’s about it! Did you have a good January? Hope everyone has a lovely weekend 🙂