10 Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts
Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things they’ve encountered during the week, etc.).
- I do apologise in advance to everyone who regularly drops in over here at my blog and who follows me on Twitter with regards to what will happen come June – July 2014: you will hear almost nothing from me but about World Cup (especially on Twitter–unless you are a big football fan too, in that case, *flails*). Well, I’ll still talk about books and likely about my general experiences and impressions about clinical *fingers crossed* but otherwise it’s all going to be about the beautiful game =P Draws for the 8 groups were done last Friday:
Germany’s not in an easy group per se but it should be an interesting round (lmao that they’re facing Portugal–they’re always facing Portugal!). I was honestly D= when I saw England’s grouping though. I hope they will play consistently well next year, I want them to make it far (and of course Italy is in the same grouping with them so I may be a little confused come their match xP). Still a wee bit sore that Sweden didn’t make the cut, I enjoy watching them play. And the Spain vs. Netherlands should be a good one too 😉
- Related to #1, time to break out the football kits and the scarves again 😀 Re: the picture – in case I wasn’t clear who I support 😉 It’s going to be interesting in the house as my dad, my brother and I support different teams =P
- Okay, this question has had me stumped this week: it has been feeling (wind chill included here) like -10 to -17 degrees Celcius this week (according to Google that’s between 14 and 1.4 degrees Fahrenheit for a comparison)–how is it that many of the girls I see on campus and in the subway are wearing only tights? O_o Are they not freezing? Do they have some miraculous extra layer of subcutaneous tissue that works like extra insulation? I’m wearing a few layers and I’m still cold.
- Speaking of the cold, Babylon 5‘s Londo Mollari describes it best:
- Have I mentioned here that I’ve somehow become the keeper of the Christmas (and birthday) gifts in the house? For here on out, you may call me Santa Claus =P (no, seriously, I don’t know how this happened; and it’s not like my room is large enough to hide everything or whatnot, not with all these books, lol)
- So I was curious about what sort of search terms were used by people who ended up on my website. And here’s what I got from the last quarter (a few comments on the circled terms):
- Err, glad to know that my blog is a reference for current events?
- Well, Beth’s trench coat on Orphan Black was really nice…but no, I don’t know what brand it is
- My blog might not be the best place to go to if you hate Jaime Lannister even after events of A Storm of Swords
- Assisi <3
- I have never heard of this meme involving Tom Hanks, lol.
- Lots of spoiler-related search terms!
- Guys, I can practically touch freedom with my fingertips here; I still have one more exam to write today and then I am off school for the holidays \o/ Seriously, this week has been an absolute torture with exams =( Not so much yesterday with anatomy but Healing Practices was not what I expected. And for whatever reason, I just could not sit still and study this past weekend, even for a little while =/ But it’s almost over now, yay! 🙂
- Speaking of Christmas break, yesss, I can finally crack open some of the books that have been staring at me from my desk: Rainbow Rowell’s Fangirl, Patricia A. McKillip’s Winter Rose, Helene Wecker’s The Golem and the Jinni…maybe Ian McEwan’s Sweet Tooth or Kate Morton’s The Secret Keeper…ahh! So many choices! (on top of the ARCs that I was approved of from NetGalley)
- The Hobbit: the Desolation of Smaug is so close now! I’m watching it next Wednesday by the looks of it con la mia famiglia (well, except my dad, he’s going to wait for it on blu-ray). Am going to be avoiding The Hobbit-related posts and links until then…In the meantime, yay, the soundtrack finally shipped!
- Kind of excited for next year and what’s going to be going on over at this blog. There’s lot of things that are scheduled (sort of; am still discussing something so I won’t elaborate any further in case I jinx it =P–but there’s also 2 scheduled blog tours I’m participating in) for the first two months in particular (oh, and my blogoversary is coming up in February, hehe)
Edit: Yayayayay, Tatiana Maslany from Orphan Black received a Golden Globe nom 😀
If you’re participating in this, be sure to leave a link! I’d love to read what’s going on with you, bookish or otherwise 🙂 Happy Thursday!
Also a bit of shameless pluggage here but I am hosting 3 reading challenges next year for anyone who’s interested (going back again to point 10 on this week’s entry): Everything España, A Year in Re-Reading, and 2014 Shakespeare Reading Challenge. It’ll be fun 🙂