10 Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts
Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things they’ve encountered during the week, etc.).
- Firstly, whoo-hoo! Finally posted up my sign-up posts for the 3 reading challenges I’ll be hosting next year: Everything España, A Year in Re-Reading and 2014 Shakespeare Reading Challenge. Enjoy! 🙂
- I’m reading my first novel from Ian Rankin (The Impossible Dead) and I’m really enjoying it right now. The build-up to the mystery of the crime and going through the possible suspects and motives is a bit of a slow burn but it adds to the tension and the characters themselves are interesting, especially the lead, Malcolm Fox.
- Whoo-hoo, thanks to some sales/price changes on Kobo, I finally got a copy of Eleanor Catton’s The Luminaries *thumbs up* Now, to get around to actually reading it…
- I’ve sent out most of my Christmas cards earlier this week \o/ Still have a few to send out, which I hope to do at the end of this week. LMAO once again my best friend from elementary beat me to sending a Christmas card to me; I purposely left off the ones I’m mailing around Canada because it would arrive too early, but anyways…
- AFAR Magazine listed out the best Christmas markets in Europe. I miss Christmas markets; they’re so pretty and happy and Christmas-y and fun. There’s one here in the city but there’s barely anything going on there =/
- In the spirit of the season, I’ve already started posting about panettone, lol. Still need to pick up an advent calendar though…
- OMG, how close is The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug now? So frickin’ excited, lol. Not sure yet when I’ll be seeing it (should be sometime week of the 16th). And look! A new production video (yay)! So many lovely moments from the cast–and some great appearances too 😀 I’m still sort of \o/ from watching it so there’s no real cohesive comment from me here)
Speaking of which, thank you Amazon for freaking me out for a while there by telling me that you had no idea when the soundtrack to the second movie is coming out and asking me if I still wanted it -_-; #needstheprecioussoundtrack
Edit: Accurate gif is accurate–
Not my gif
- With all the talk about the Christmas episode for Doctor Who, I started re-watching the show from series 1 again (new Who, at least). In retrospect, I liked series 1 a lot more now, some episodes that I thought were o-kay (i.e. the episodes about the Slitheen) were a lot more interesting thematically and such (guess I was a little impatient the first time around). As always, Christopher Eccelston’s expressions crack me up:
Not my gif but LMAO, I’m using this for now on for things I’m like “Nope!” to =D
- New layout here! Took a while to find one that I was happy with and didn’t have too many formatting issues 🙂
- Final exams next week. Boo. But then freedom! Yay!
If you’re participating in this, be sure to leave a link! I’d love to read what’s going on with you, bookish or otherwise 🙂 Happy Thursday!