Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We’d love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
This week’s topic: Top Ten Bookish Goals For 2013
Happy Tuesday! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend =) This week’s topic for TTT is a fantastic idea as I do have a few things I’ve been meaning to do for 2013 book-wise xD
In no particular order:
- Read the books on my to-read pile — I mentioned some of these books in last week’s TTT; some of those books have been on my to-read pile for a very long time (not even going to guess how long xP)…
- Re-read (a bit) — There’s a few books I’ve been meaning to revisit for some time now; I actually mentioned some of them in a previous TTT (ooh, I actually re-read two books on that list since I had posted that list!). Provided I keep that to-read pile low (there’s also the matter of space–see #5), I just might get to a good chunk of them *thumbs up*
- Get around to some classics I’ve been meaning to read — I mentioned some of these titles in last week’s TTT (and there’s a whole lot listed in my to-read pile) but yeah, I always aim to read a few new-to-me classics in a new year. This might be George Eliot’s year, we’ll see (no promises =P)
- Finish reading some series (and maybe start a few I’ve been eyeing on for a long time?) — Been reading to finish up reading a few series that I started long ago but never got around to their sequels and other installments. For example, I read up until the third book of Frank Herbert’s Dune series back in high school but never got around to the last three. I also read David Anthony Durham’s Acacia (review) but never got around to the other two books in the trilogy so I might catch up this year. Oh, and I do want to read Isaac Asimov’s Foundation series…just might get around to it this year (I hope, fingers crossed)
- Purchase more for my eReader as opposed to physical copies — This one is a bit hard for me because I prefer the physical copy of a book but I am out of space in my room. I have employed every Tetris technique I can think of to get all of my books to fit and I’m still running out of space for my books. So this year I will use my Kobo more often for books that I want to read but are not necessarily on the ‘OMG I need the physical copy of this book soooooo baaaaaad’ =P
- Try to read more books published in 2013? — This is 50/50 (emphasis on ‘try’ here ^_~) but I have a tendency of being behind when it comes to reading recently published books. Part of it has to do with cost, really, and the fact that I’m still going through what’s on my current to-read list and whatnot. But it’d be nice to read a book or two from, let’s say the Man Booker Prize longlist within 2013 as opposed to a year or two afterwards, haha…
And two book-blogging-related goals for 2013:
- Post more reviews/commentaries on the books I read — An odd goal considering that I do post reviews somewhat regularly, but there have been books in the past that I wish I had written reviews for or at least have jotted my ideas down somewhere. I started this book blog primarily to keep track of the books I read and the thoughts I had about them; if I kept a physical copy like these shiny ones I reckon I’d be beyond broke and without space. So yeah, it’d be nice to at least have thoughts written down somewhere…
- Comment back sooner — I’m sorry, you guys may have noticed that I take forever getting back to commnets *blushes* Will work on that this year…
And that’s all the bookish goals I really have in mind for this year! (I like to keep them simple in case I break any of them, haha–plus, I’m guaranteed to forget them so yeah, simple it is xP) What are your bookish goals for this year?