(Not my gif; one of the best moments of the Euro 2012 tournament so far lol. Look how Jogi Loew just casually walks over and gets the ball out of the ball boy’s hands xP)
01. Right, so I’ve been updating this blog fairly regularly lately, mostly with the books that I’ve been reading but also with the 100 Things
meme that I’m slowly trying to get through for my LJ, lol. You could just refer to my Books
category to see all of the books I’ve read recently. A number of movies were reviewed however since my last update: Good Cop, Bon Cop
, Iron Man
, Underworld: Awakening
, The Decoy Bride
, Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol
and Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
02. I am currently participating in Camp NaNoWriMo
. I meant to post an entry about it updating on what’s been happening about that but yeah, I’m having trouble enough staying on top of the word count (was feeling uninspired last weekend and that set me back by a few days) and keeping the story straight (I guess that’s what happens when you’re not working with a proper outline–I decided to free flow a bit for this novel, which I guess isn’t so much working in my favour). Suffice to say I should be done by June 30 but it’s definitely going to need a heck of an edit.
Website-wise, I’m hoping to make a few minor changes here within the next week or so. You’ll hardly notice the changes, I just need to group two sections together under one heading (the “Content” section) and set up a proper review policy section. I’ve never posted one up because all of the reviews that I’ve posted here were for fun and from books that I’ve read on my spare time but I realised that I need to make a disclaimer somewhere clarifying this matter.
I added a Review Policy
for anyone considering me to review his or her novel. It can be found on the top menu.
04. I’ve sort of neglected to update my other website, caffeinatedlife.net
, for some time now. I had all these plans of setting up a way so that my photos can be ordered as prints and stuff like that (through 500px or RedBubble, haven’t tried either yet) but I never got around to it. I’m planning on revamping that site a little bit anyways and make it more of an online portfolio/CV and possibly use it maybe as a spring board for consultation or job prospects *big dreams* We’ll see. But after Camp NaNoWriMo I definitely plan on focusing on it and setting up a proper front page for that domain.
05. Speaking of professional matters, I had a phone interview the other day for a writing internship which I got–yay! I’ll be writing biweekly articles for the shiny new publication Discourse Magazine
as the magazine’s European Politics columnist. It’s exciting because it’s more or less up my alley in terms of what I’ve studied at university so I’m looking forward to it and to working with the staff! =)
06. And on an unrelated note, this entire month has been everything Euros 2012 and nothing hurts =P Rooting for my boys the Germans to claim the silverware this year (they should’ve gotten it in 2010 IMO for the World Cup but I’m not bitter, I have good memories from their matches then and they’re really building up in this tournament) but I still hold a spot in my heart for the English (who are looking fresher than they were in 2010; I look forward to how the team will further evolve for the 2014 World Cup). I apologise to everyone who’s following my Twitter and are seeing only football-related tweets. My attention span pretty much zeroes in on it and almost nothing else when these major tournaments come around xD
Anyways, that’s about it in terms of general updates around the site and with me. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!