I Love Italy Reading Challenge 2012 hosted @ Library of Clean Reads
As I’ve mentioned in a previous post, I’m going to be participating in this reading challenge. Should be a lot of fun, books about/set in/from Italy always make good reads =) I realised I haven’t exactly made a separate post about it yet though. So this challenge includes pretty much any genre of book (including re-reads) as long as the book is set in Italy, is written by an Italian author or is about Italy or an Italian person. Cool, yeah? =)
- Ciao Italia: 1 to 3 books.
- Bella Italia: 4 to 6 books.
- Arrivederci Italia: 7 to 9 books
- Sempre Italia: 10 to 12 books.
These are the books I’m planning to read that are new on my shelf; I’ve indicated beside the title whether it’s about Italy or whatnot. This list is, of course, subject to change (as in, it may increase) depending on whether I get more books on my TBR pile that’s related to Italy in some way:
- Christi Phillips’s The Rossetti Letter (set in Italy) — review
- Marina Fiorato’s The Madonna of Almonds (set in Italy) — review
- Daniel Levin’s The Last Ember (set mostly in Italy) — review
- Christopher Duggan’s The Force of Destiny: A History of Italy Since 1796 (Italian history) — review
- Italo Calvino’s Le citta invisibili [Invisible Cities] (Italian author; have this book in Italian actually) — review
- Italo Calvino’s Se una notte d’inverno un viaggiatore [If on a Winter’s Night a Traveller] (same as above but I also have the book in English)
- Alessandro Manzoni’s The Betrothed (Italian author)
- George Eliot’s Romola (set in Italy)
- Elizabeth Edmondson’s The Villa in Italy (set in Italy) — review
- Sara Poole’s Poison (set in Italy) — review
- Sandra Sabatini’s Dante’s War (set in Italy) — review
I also plan on re-reading the following this year (also as part of my general plans for re-reading this year):
So that’s my rough plan for this challenge at the moment. I will post updates along the way along with reviews to the books I read. Allora, until next the post! =)
Edit (21 gennaio 2012): Added two more books to the list =)
Edit (10 aprile 2012): Added three more books to the list =P
Edit (23 maggio 2012): Added one book to the list
Edit (02 dicembre 2012): As you may have noticed, I stopped updating the list some time ago. I will be posting a recap of the entire challenge at the end of the year.